We are now accepting applications for Winter Quarter Running Start
We will stop accepting new applications for
Winter Quarter 2016 at noon on October 30, 2015
If you were a Sophomore or Junior last May in high school – you may apply for Winter Quarter Running Start
Step 1: Download and print the Running Start Application and Running Start Agreement Form (both forms must be submitted to our office no later than Noon October 30, 2015, see details below)
Complete and sign the Running Start Application (*Please write clearly and neatly)
Complete and sign the Running Start Agreement Form, a parent or guardian must also sign the form
Scan and email both forms to email@example.com
Fax both forms to Center for High School Programs at 425/564-6029
Bring to the Center for High School Programs Office
Bellevue College Main Campus Building B Office 233 (directly above the Book Store)
Once we process your application, you will receive an email with your Bellevue College Student Identification Number (SID). It is extremely important that you provide a valid e-mail address on your application. Often the SID email notification gets directed to your spam/junk folder. Be sure to check there too
If you are currently enrolled in Bellevue College as Running Start student DO NOT reapply.
Step 2: Take the COMPASS Assessment – deadline to test is November 9th by 2pm
Once you receive you Student Identification Number and testing instruction email – come during walkin hours to take the assessment. Do not delay and we recommend you test the earliest time you can. You may take the assessment a second time if you do not place into English 101 the first time.
On the day of your test, bring photo I.D., your BC student I.D. number, and a check or money order for $21.50. Failure to follow these instructions may result in not being able to take the test that day.
- Test Services is located in B142.
- Email the Running Start Office that you have taken the test: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact our office for options if you take the assessment twice and still do not place into English 101
- Continue to check your email daily as all instructions are sent via email. Please do this from a desktop. We have noticed many students checking email from their smart phones do not see the emails we send
- Once we confirm your test scores we will email you the next instructions
Continue on if you placed into English 101
Step 3: Create your BC email account:
We previously asked you to do this in the email we sent that included your SID and instructed you to come test. IF you have not done so – do so now.
Now that you have passed the COMPASS test, you are half way there to being a BC student. You are required to create a BC email and it is your responsibility to check for messages often. Create a Bellevue College NetID Here, or check the MYBC and choose “create my account” on the Bellevue College website.
Once you contact us we will enroll in the online Running Start Pre-Orientation. This class will need to be completed and you must pass the class in order to register to attend mandatory Running Start Orientation/Registration.
Step 4: Complete pre-orientation/registration online class (no cost, no credit but mandatory)
This needs to be completed no later than 8am on November 13th
This self-paced online class can be completed in one day. Once you complete the testing and notify our office, we will send you instructions regarding this class. You must complete all modules before we will allow you to signup for an orientation/registration date. It is important you don’t delay in any of these steps. The earlier you can complete these steps, the earlier date you can sign up for an orientation/registration session (step 6) Later registration dates will have fewer class options.
Step 5: Submit the Enrollment Verification Form:
The Running Start Enrollment Verification Form must be submitted to the Running Start Office (B233) by 4pm November 23, 2015
DO NOT BRING FORM WITH YOU TO ORIENTATION.
We need it prior to orientation to code the computer. Failure to follow this direction will result in a delay in your ability to register for classes.
Here is the process to do that:
- Print out the Running Start EVF from the attachment we emailed you.
- Make an appointment to meet with your High School Counselor, Home School Counselor or School District Representative
- You will fill out the white top section of the RS Enrollment Verification Form
- In meeting with your High School Counselor you will plan your schedule. The counselor will then complete the middle area of the form and sign it
- You will then along with your parent/guardian carefully read the entire form, including the section immediately above the student/parent signature section which is an explanation of possible tuition and fees charged to you by the college
- You and your parent/guardian must sign the form
- Submit to our office: in person, scan and email to email@example.com or fax to 425-564-6029 no later than noon on November 23, 2015
- It is your responsibility to submit this form – DO NOT leave it at your high school for them to do
- We recommend that you keep a copy for your files before sending
IMPORTANT: All sections of the form (student, counselor, parent/guardian) must be filled out and signed completely and accurately. If the form is not complete or incorrect, we will return the form to you. We are unable to accept a large portion of forms submitted to us because they are not complete and/or accurate. Please help us help you by submitting complete and accurate Running Start Enrollment Verification Form!
Step 6: Sign up for the Mandatory Orientation/Registration
To be held on December 4, 2015 – times to be determined – .
* Many classes will be full at this time – Enrollment in specific college courses cannot be guaranteed – even if the classes are needed to fulfill district high school graduation requirements.
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email only if you place into English 101 and complete and pass the Running Start Pre-orientation online class. The final email will provide you with how you will register for the mandatory Running Start Orientation/Registration.
The email you receive will include a link you need to use to sign yourself up for a specific session. There will be multiple sessions throughout the day. Due to limited seating, only the student is able to sign up. Be sure to sign up only one time and use your legal name.
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email with information regarding how to register for the mandatory orientation/registration.
You will attend a mandatory Running Start Orientation/Registration date that you signed up for
- You will register for classes during your orientation/registration session you signed up for
- Payment for classes and fees need to be paid immediately to avoid classes dropped for nonpayment – Running Start is not totally free – all students will have a bill
- Parent Welcome Meeting – tbd
Congratulations! You have made it through the various steps to becoming a Bellevue College Student. We are here to help you succeed! Please note Running Start Mandatory Orientation/Registration is for STUDENTS ONLY!