Bellevue College’s Astronomy Department and the Science and Math Institute are pleased to sponsor free planetarium shows to the public on select Fridays of each month. The Planetarium is a special domed-ceiling room (room B-244) where the nighttime sky is accurately produced. Please check here for more details as they become available.
*Please note, at this time the planetarium is not open to the public so there are no upcoming shows.
For a brief description of each month’s video, please click on the following link (descriptions HERE)
FAQs– PLEASE READ:
Reservations: Reservations can be made through Brown Paper Tickets at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/ with the search term “Bellevue Planetarium.” There are 60 tickets available per show. Tickets will be released starting at 9am the week before the show. Tickets are free, but because there is limited seating, reservations must be made in advance.
Once tickets are “sold out,” they are gone for that month. Sometimes, tickets are released back to Brown Paper Tickets if there are cancellations. There is no waitlist. You are welcome to show up the night of the show; if there are any last minute cancellations, the presenter will do their best to get you into the show, but there are no guarantees.
Who can attend: In the audience will most likely be a mix of children elementary-age through adults. We do not recommend these shows for children under the age of six. If attending with young children, please be courteous of other guests.
What to expect for your show: Parking is free in any of the lots on campus after 3PM and on the weekends. We recommend parking in the parking garage and walking over to the B-building. The planetarium is located on the second floor of the B-building. If you have not been here before, please allow extra time to find the planetarium. A map can be found here Planetarium Map.
When you reserve your ticket, your name will be automatically entered onto the will-call list. The presenter will check your name off when you enter. Doors will open 15-minutes prior to the start of the show. Because the room is dark during the show, there is no late admission or re-entry.
If you need to cancel your reservation: When you finalize your reservations, you will receive a confirmation email. There is information in that email about cancelling your reservations in case your plans change. We do not charge for these events, but we need your help to keep it that way; please follow the steps in the confirmation email to release your tickets if you cannot attend.
For more information call the Science and Math Institute M-F at 425-564-3055.
Bellevue College’s Astronomy Department and the Science and Math Institute invite you and your students to experience the wonders of our solar system…under our planetarium’s skies. In our planetarium we are able to recreate the clear night sky, which enables students to explore the stars and constellations. You may choose a full-dome video (descriptions HERE) to accompany the live segment portion of your show.
- Times: All of our presentations are 45 minutes in length, and take place from 10:30am to 11:15am, Monday through Friday while school is in session. Presentations must begin at 10:30am, so we suggest that each class arrive 10 minutes early.
- Maximum number: Our planetarium seats 60. The total number of students, teachers, and chaperones may not exceed 60.
- Cost: The cost is $100 for a 45-minute presentation.
- Reservations: All shows are booked on a first-come first-served basis and must be made at least three weeks in advance. To request a planetarium show, please click here to fill out the reservation request form. *Please note, at this time the planetarium is not open to the public so we are not accepting reservations.
- Unfortunately at this time, we cannot accommodate evening or weekend private shows.
- Terms and Conditions
Last Updated April 29, 2021