After completing the application steps, you can apply for a scholarship from the NSF – STEM Scholars Network Scholarship. If awarded, you could receive up to $6,000 per academic year for your first two years.
How to Apply
Fill out the scholarship application, when provide all the requested information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
In order to be eligible for the Bellevue College NSF – STEM Scholars Network Scholarship need to:
- Be a U.S. citizen or national, permanent resident, or refugee/asylum seeker
- Have completed the FAFSA and BC Financial Aid Application at http://fa.bellevuecollege.edu/. Only students who have unmet financial need for each year based on financial aid guidelines can receive the scholarship
- Demonstrate academic potential by having a cumulative high school GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Be accepted into the STEM to Stern program, commit to attending cohort classes your first and second years at BC, and participate in math enrichment classes
- Be registered as a full-time student (12+ credits per quarter) pursuing a transfer degree in a STEM field (doesn’t include pre-medicine, pre-pharmacy, pre-dentistry, or other healthcarerelated majors)
- Maintain a BC cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
Upon initial notification of scholarship award, selected incoming students are required to:
- Register and participate in the STEM Summer Bridge Program
- Enroll in 12 or more credit hours (full-time) per quarter, including the STEM to Stern cohort courses
- Enroll in Enrichment math courses when relevant
- Meet with the Science Division advisor to create an A.S. or A.A.S. degree plan
- Discuss career options and course load with their assigned faculty mentor, and connect to e Mentors in their fields
After each quarter of support, scholarship recipients must be able to demonstrate their continued eligibility for the program by:
- Making progress towards an A.S. or A.A.S. transfer degree by successfully completing 12 credit hours per quarter at Bellevue College with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Receiving a passing grade in each quarter of the STEM to Stern cohort class
- Showing proof of participation in one or more extracurricular STEM activities offered by Bellevue College (attending seminars, visiting transfer programs, participating in job fairs, touring research institutions, etc)
- Demonstrating continued Financial Need as defined by the U.S. Department of Education rules for Federal financial aid.
Last Updated August 4, 2015