Step 1: Complete the Summer Enrichment Program Online Application:
New Students: will apply for the Summer Enrichment Program online.
New to Bellevue College Students: Once you have completed the online application, you also will need to complete the Summer Enrichment Agreement Verification Form. Complete the form, then print the form, obtain all needed signatures (you must sign, a parent or guardian must sign and a high school official must sign). If you are a home school student or a student that attend a private school, only you and a parent or guardian will need to sign the form. You must turn in the completed and signed enrollment form in person to our office, with a check or money order made payable to Bellevue College in the amount of $34.00. The application fee for the program is $34.00 and is due with your completed and signed Summer Enrichment Agreement Verification Form.
Your Summer Enrichment Application will not be processed until you turn in the Summer Enrichment Verification Form and check or money order for your application fee.
SUMMER ENRICHMENT AGREEMENT VERIFICATION FORM 2017
CONTINUING STUDENTS: will apply for the Summer Enrichment Program online.
Complete the online application, you will need to also complete the Summer Enrichment Agreement Verification Form. Complete the form, print the form, obtain all needed signatures (you must sign, a parent or guardian must sign and a high school official must sign). If you are a home school student or a student that attend a private school, only you and a parent or guardian will need to sign the form. You must turn in the completed and signed enrollment form in person to our office.
Your Summer Enrichment Application will not be processed until you turn in the Summer Enrichment Agreement Verification Form.
You know your application was submitted if you receive confirmation screen shot message pops up – ” If you received this message that means we have received you application – Thank you for applying for Summer Enrichment Program. We attempt to process applications in 15 business days or less. Once your application is processed you will receive an email notifying you of your Bellevue College Student I.D. number and next steps. …..“ If you did not receive this message – you did not complete the application process.
Please NOTE: *If you are an existing Running Start Student or took class/es last summer through the Summer Enrichment Program you have to complete the online application please submit the completed and signed 2017 Summer Enrichment Program Enrollment Verification Form. You will not be able to register for class/es until we receive and process the form. If you have attended RS Orientation or will attend RS Registration/Orientation this spring for the fall quarter 2017, or if you attend Summer Enrichment Orientation for last summer quarter, then you do not need to attend Summer Enrichment Orientation, it is only for new students.
Remember if you need Placement to meet math or science prerequisite you will need to do this prior to being able to register for class/es. The test is $21.50 and you will you photo identification. There are a number of different placement option, please check here for the complete information, Testing Services.
Please NOTE: *If you are new to Bellevue College, once we process your application and Summer Enrichment Agreement Verification Form, wait to receive an email with your Bellevue College Student Identification Number (SID). You will receive this no later than 15 business days after you submitted your application. It is extremely important that you provide a valid e-mail address on your application. Often the SID email notification gets directed to your spam/junk folder. Be sure to check there too.
Step 2: Testing | Alternative Placement
If you plan to take the placement test, bring photo I.D., your BC student I.D. number, and a check or money order for $21.50. Failure to follow these instructions may result in not being able to take the test that day
Once you receive you Student Identification Number please check the Testing Services website for date and times of testing, assessment calendar.
Once you have taken the assessment placement test, you will receive an email no later that 10 business days after you have informed us you completed the test. The email will provide you with the following information: Date and Time of the Summer Enrichment Orientations!
English and Math Placement :: Testing Services
The following options are available for English and Math Placement:
For English Placement, students may take the ACCUPLACER standardized exam, or use one of the other available options, which includes:
High School transcript, less than two years old, and an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
Appropriate grade in a high school English course, less than two years old, and within the Bellevue and Snoqualmie Valley School Districts only – see below for placement grids
Smarter Balanced Language Art score of 3 or 4, may be used in the year following HS graduation, or for Running Start students
Appropriate scores on AP or IB exams, less than two years old
Placement from another Washington State Community or Technical college (reciprocity), less than two years old
Placement using ACCUPLACER – see below for details
For Math Placement, students may use one of the following options:
Appropriate grade in a high school math course, less than one-year old, and within the Bellevue and Snoqualmie Valley School Districts only – see below for placement grids
Successful completion of the Bellevue College entrance exam for specific math courses
Placement from another Washington State Community or Technical college (reciprocity), less than one year old
Smarter Balanced Reports, scores 3 or 4, in the academic year following HS graduation, or for Running Start students
Placement using ALEKS PPL, a web-based program – see below for more details about the ALEKS assessment
- Regardless of your method of placement, placement must be completed on or before you attend your New Student Orientation, in order to register for class on the following Friday, after you attend Mandatory Orientation! .
- Contact the Center for High School Programs office at email@example.com, after you have completed the placement process.
- Wait for confirmation email from the Center for High School Programs that we have confirmed placement.
- You will also receive instructions regarding Mandatory New Student Orientation via email.
Step 3: Create your BC email account.
Now that you have passed the COMPASS test, you are half way there to being a BC student. You are required to create a BC email and it is your responsibility to check for messages often. Create a Bellevue College NetID Here, or check the MYBC and choose “create my account” on the Bellevue College website. If you already have a Bellevue College NetID Account, please disregard this step.
Step 4: Complete the Summer Enrichment New Student Online Canvas Orientation (NOT SUMMER 2017 STUDENTS)
Complete the Summer Enrichment Program New Student Online Mandatory Orientation. The Center for High School Programs Office will register you for the mandatory online orientation. Once you have completed the online orientation and received 100% on the quiz, you will receive an email regarding your registration date and time.
Once Again Reminder:
- Complete the Summer Enrichment online application and submit.
- Complete and print out the Summer Enrichment Verification Form 2016 .
- Make an appointment to meet with your High School Counselor, Home School Counselor or School District Representative.
- In meeting with your High School Counselor you will discuss if you plan to use this class or classes for high school credit. The counselor, district rep. will then complete the bottom portion of the form and sign.
- If you are a home school student and do not belong to a K-12 Public Home School Co-op, this form only needs to be signed by you and a parent or guardian
- You will then along with your parent/guardian carefully read the entire form.
- You and your parent/guardian must sign the form.
- Submit to our office: in person, along with a check or money order in the amount of $34.00 program application fee.
- It is your responsibility to submit this form – DO NOT leave it at your high school for them to do.
- We recommend that you keep a copy for your files.
IMPORTANT: All sections of the form (student, counselor, parent/guardian) must be filled out and signed completely and accurately. If the form is not complete or correct, we will return the form to you.
Step 5: Register for class/es and Payment
- You will be able to register once you have notified us that you have completed the Summer Enrichment Online Mandatory Orientation. You must receive 100% on the orientation quiz. Registration for students new to the college for summer quarter starts May 23, 2016. You must have completed the entire Summer Enrichment Process, in order to have your registration opened. If you are not a Running Start Student and you have never been a student here at the college, please register for a registration date:
- You will have seven days OR the first day of the quarter whichever comes first to pay any college assessed tuition and fees or your classes will be dropped for nonpayment
- Paying is easy, you can pay online at Pay tuition and fees or in person at the Student Financial Services office located in the B Building (The Student Services Building) B125 or over the telephone at 425/564-2309
Last Updated June 30, 2017