Get Your Project Funded
Step 1: Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) and Application
The LOI is reviewed by the Associated Student Government representative for Environmental and Social Responsibility. The Letter of Intent prepares the Office of Sustainability and SESF for proposals, and helps the Office provide applicants with advice and assistance for navigating the application process. Be sure to submit well in advance. The last LOIs are due FOUR WEEKS prior to the committee meeting. Please click on the link below to access the Letter of Intent below.
- Click here for Letter of Intent form! (MyBC login required)
After submitting an LOI, it will be reviewed by the ASG representative and the Office of Sustainability. Applicants will then be sent follow-up guidance or a the application materials. Application materials include the following:
- Letter of Support (LOS): The LOS is like a letter of recommendation. If the project alters physical space, the LOS would be from the person in charge of that resource. Otherwise it could be from an instructor or staff member.
- Application Form: The application asks that you explain your project, its impact on campus, and how the campus community benefits from the project.
- Budget Form: This form asks that students breakdown their spending plan.
*If you would like to set up a meeting to go over your idea before submitting your Project Plan – email email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
Step 2: Present to SESF Committee
Submitted applications will be reviewed by the SESF. The SESF Committee will ask that applicants present their project to the committee.
Step 3: Present to the Board of Directors (BOD)
Board of directors meets every week. They are the body of the Associated Student Government which allocates student money to clubs and programs for certain events. In order for any SESF project plan proposal funding to be passed, it must be passed by the BOD after SESF approves and also signed off by the Director of Student Programs, Faisal Jaswal.
Step 4: Come back and share with BOD!
Since this is student money allocated by the board of directors, it’s courteous to share and debrief with the committee about failures and successes. Keeping the BOD in the loop is important. It shows that you (or your group) followed through and it helps the BOD understand and better support you in the future. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 564-5089.
Summer SESF Awards & Allocations
The following projects were awarded funds during SESF’s August 14, 2014 Meeting. Learn more about them here.
- Transportation Assistance (Hopelink): $22,000
- Transportation Incentives: $33,125
- AASHE Conference: $6,500