What is TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxBellevueCollege, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxBellevueCollege event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
- Tuesday, Feb. 7
- 1 – 5 p.m.
- Carlson Theatre, BC Main Campus
- Kyle Wilson, Indigenous Rhetoric Coordinator Arizona State University
- Micki O’Brien, Co-Founder, Aligned Education
- Norm Alston, Founder Zeno Math and eMode Learning Foundation
- Fernando Perez, Assistant Professor of Writing at Bellevue College
- Jane Wong, Visiting Assistant Professor at Pacific Lutheran University
- Tammi Doyle, Chair of the Theatre Arts Department of Drama and Dance at Bellevue College
- Amy Mack, Executive Director of Year Up
- Maya Lahyani, Mezzo Soprano Soloist, Seattle Opera
- Paula Boggs, Philanthropist, Lawyer and Musician
- James Osborne, IT Manager Bellevue College and Author of Will Your Way Back (Jan. 31, 2017)
- Dr. Nancy Gonlin, Professional Archaeologist and Professor, Bellevue College
- Jenni Flinders, Creator, People for Innovation, Founder of le Pont vers la Vie Académie and the Ellie Rose Foundation
- Dr. Nina Jennings, Senior User Experience Researcher, Hardlines at Amazon and Author
“This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.”