Placement & Testing Services offers a variety of options for students who need English and math placement prior to registering for classes, offers a variety of other types of tests, and provides proctoring services.
Due to the current COVID-19 health crisis, the Placement & Testing Services Office has moved to online only services. For specific questions related to English & math placement, clearing prerequisites and other test questions, the best way to reach us is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To avoid a delay in our response to you, please note the following:
- Include your Student ID number in your email
- Use your BC email if you have one
- Use email for specific questions that may require us to look up your records or documents
- Use UChat to the right for general quick questions – do not include your Student ID when using UChat
General Rules for using the Test Room
Until further notice, the Test Room is closed for in-person testing. Please email Testing Services at: email@example.com with questions
- Bring valid (current) picture ID.
- We do not permit breaks for tests 2 hours or less.
- You must place all backpacks, purses, or any carry items, and bulky jackets or sweaters in the lockers provided.
- You must place laptop computers, calculators, tablets, all types of phones & watches, or other electronic wrist devices in the lockers provided.
- We reserve the right to request that you place other items on your person in the lockers provided.
- If you need an accommodation due to a documented disability, please contact the Disability Resource Center for an approved accommodation.
- Aids for reading and sight include prescription glasses or contacts only unless approved for an accommodation.
- We allow bottled water in the test room, but no other food or drink.
- Only those taking an approved test may enter the test room.
- You may not leave unaccompanied children under the age of 15 in the hallway waiting area.
- We monitor the test room and test computers via video camera.