To take the GED tests you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be at least 19 years old, or
- You must be 16, 17, or 18 (you must complete additional requirements for this age group)
- You did not graduate from a public or private high school, and you are not currently attending high school
- You must be a current resident of Washington State
- You must possess a current government-issued photo ID with your name, address, birth date and signature on it (If your ID is not from Washington, you must obtain additional documentation showing you have a Washington address)
If you are 16, 17, or 18, you must meet the following additional requirements prior to scheduling your test:
- Go to www.ged.com to create an account
- You must submit a completed Request for Approval to Test form (pdf). Your last high school or school district office must complete the form. This releases you from the district and allows you to take the GED tests.
- Home schooled students must submit a completed and notarized Home Schooled Permission form (pdf).
- Submit your completed documents to the Placement & Testing Services office.
Prepare to take the GED tests:
- The college offers GED Test Preparation classes. Go to the Adult Basic Education/GED website for additional information.
- Go to the GED Testing Services website for access to study materials and tools for purchase.
Start the GED Testing Process:
- Go to www.ged.com to create an account and schedule your test
- If you are 16,17, or 18, you must meet additional requirements as outlined above.
- You will need an email address and a debit or credit card to pay for the test on the website.
- Warning: There is a 24-hour reschedule/cancellation policy. If you do not cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled test time, you forfeit the test fee.
- Bellevue College cannot cancel or re-schedule for you.
- On the day of your scheduled test, bring your photo ID, and proof of Washington address (if needed) to the Placement & Testing Services Office.
Last Updated January 11, 2018