Transferring Scores and Courses

If you have taken the COMPASS or ACCUPLACER English and math placement test at another school or you have taken a test and or English/ math courses at another Washington CTC, you may have the option to transfer those scores and/or courses to Bellevue College for English and math course placement. You can also request to have your scores at our college to be released to other colleges.


Transferring Scores from Other Colleges

You may submit your ACCUPLACER or COMPASS scores from other schools subject to the following conditions:

  • Math scores cannot be more than a year old.
  • English scores cannot be more than two years old.


The score report can be delivered to the Testing Services Office in one of the following ways:

  1. Sent directly by the testing college via fax, email or USPS mail with your Bellevue College’s student identification number (SID) and contact phone number. We do not accept scores faxed directly from the student.
  2. Bring the official report from the college where you took the test.

Bellevue College Placement Reciprocity

Washington State CTC Approved Placement Reciprocity Agreement Policy

Bellevue College now honors course placement from local skills assessment as well as course placement from pre-college math and English courses taken at any Washington State Community and Technical (CTC) colleges within a year.   See below for the approved placement reciprocity agreement policy:

  1. For all entering students at any Washington community and technical college, system policy provides that:
  2. A student who qualifies for a specific level of pre-college math, English, or reading, either through course completion or local skills assessment, will have that course placement level honored at another Washington CTC if the student so requests, even if the courses may not be exact equivalents.
  3. A student who qualifies for entry into college-level math, English, or reading, either through course completion or local skills assessment, will be considered to have met the entry college-level standard at every community and technical college.
  4. Students requesting reciprocity must initiate the process within one year of their initial placement assessment.

The placement recommendation must have been made within the last 12 months. The purpose of Placement Reciprocity is to request equivalent placement into pre-college and college level courses based on your placement at another Washington Community or Technical College.  The following conditions must be met for the placement assessment to be considered:

  1. If credit was granted for a course, then placement will be based on that course (an official transcript is needed).
  2. The student must provide a copy of the document that provides specific placement recommendation information from the sending institution.

How to request Course Placement Reciprocity:

  1. The student seeking placement reciprocity will fill out the Placement Reciprocity Student Request Form.
  2. The student will drop off the request form along with their official tests scores and/or official transcript to be evaluated to the Bellevue College Testing Services.  These documents must be official; Testing Services will not accept unofficial scores or transcripts.
  3. An official from Bellevue College Testing Services will evaluate the student’s official test scores and/or official transcripts from the sending institution against Bellevue College’s pre- and college-level courses. The student will then be placed at Bellevue College in a manner equivalent to placement at the sending institution.
  4. The official from Bellevue College will contact the student regarding their final placement.  This process may take up to 48 hours.

The list of approved Washington State CTC:

  • Bates Community College
  • Bellingham Community College
  • Big Bend Technical College
  • Cascadia Community College
  • Centralia College
  • Clark College
  • Clover Park Technical College
  • Columbia Basin College
  • Edmonds Community College
  • Everett Community College
  • Grays Harbor College
  • Green River Community College
  • Highline Community College
  • Lake Washington Institute of Technology
  • Lower Columbia College
  • North Seattle Community College
  • Olympic College
  • Peninsula College
  • Pierce College- Fort Steilacoom, Lakewood
  • Pierce College- Puyallup
  • Renton Technical College
  • Seattle Central Community College
  • Shoreline Community College
  • Skagit Valley College
  • South Puget Sound Community College
  • South Seattle Community College
  • Spokane Community College
  • Spokane Falls Community College
  • Tacoma Community College
  • Walla Walla Community College
  • Wenatchee Valley College
  • Whatcom Community College
  • Yakima Valley Community College

Releasing scores to other schools

You may request your English and math assessment scores to be released to other schools using the form below. You can submit the form in person or fax it to Testing Services. We can only release forms to colleges after we have received a sign release form.

View score release form (PDF)

Note: Scores are only faxed directly to colleges or institutions. Scores are never faxed directly to the student.

(PDF documents require Adobe Reader for viewing. Download Adobe Reader for free)

Last Updated July 21, 2017