Before you take any of the three placement tests below, remember to:
- Apply for Admission to the college and bring your picture ID and your Student identification number to the Placement & Testing Services Office (check the hours of operation).
- We do not offer placement testing on Fridays.
- Review the General Test Room Rules on the Home Page.
- View this chart to help in planning your educational path. You receive a printed copy after completing an assessment.
For students who need or wish to take a standardized test for placement into English, we offer ACCUPLACER. To take ACCUPLACER, follow these steps:
- Prepare to take the ACCUPLACER by using the free practice materials located on the ACCUPLACER
- You may take the ACCUPLACER more than once.
- Although we do not time the test, most students complete it in about an hour.
- English placements are valid for 8 quarters, or about 2 years.
For students who need or wish to take a standardized test for placement into math, we offer ALEKS.
- Prepare to take the ALEKS test by going to the Math Department website and accessing sample final exams. These other websites also provide practice options and short instructional videos.
- You may take the test more than once, but after your first test, you must use the ALEKS practice modules prior to retaking the test.
- Although we do not time the test, most students complete it in about two hours.
- Math placements are valid for 4 quarters
- Prepare to take the Chemistry exam by visiting the Chemistry Department website and click on Topics and Practice Problems.
- We give you one hour to complete 30 questions.
- You may take the test more than once with a one-week break between tests.
- Chemistry placements are valid for 4 quarters
Last Updated August 13, 2019