Contents of this page:
Placement Testing Requirements and Information
- To take any of the placement tests listed below, you must complete the admission process, know your assigned student ID number. Placement tests are currently offered remotely. Note: If you cannot test remotely due to limited access to a computer, you may request to test on-campus using the button below.
- Use the button below to request a standardized English or math placement test.
Use this link to view the English and math course sequence chart. The chart helps you plan your educational path.
We use ACCUPLACER for English placement.
- Prepare to take the ACCUPLACER by using the free practice materials located on the ACCUPLACER website.
- As part of the admission process, students may take their first Accuplacer test with no additional charge. A $15 retest fee applies for each additional attempt.
- We do not place a time limit on taking the test. The average test time is about an hour.
- Your English placement expires after two years.
We use ALEKS for math placement.
- Prepare to take the ALEKS test by going to the Math Department website and accessing sample final exams. These other websites also provide practice options and short instructional videos.
- As part of the admission process, students may take their first ALEKS test with no additional charge. A $15 retest fee applies for each additional attempt.
- You must use the ALEKS practice modules prior to retaking the placement test.
- We do not place a time limit on taking the test. The average test time is about one and a half hours.
- Your math placement expires after four quarters.
Chemistry 161 Placement:
While the college is closed to the public due to COVID-19, you may qualify for a waiver of the chemistry placement requirement. To see if you qualify, please email Testing@bellevuecollege.edu. Make sure you use your BC email and that you include your Student ID number.
Last Updated October 26, 2020