If you plan to apply for admission to the Associate Degree Nursing program, you are required to complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). The TEAS is designed to determine the academic readiness of applicants.
- TEAS must be completed within the application period and cannot be taken more than two (2) times in the same application period.
- Registration is required and you may register on www.atitesting.com. You will not be able to register until test dates for Bellevue College are posted.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Make sure to register for a day and time that you can attend. The registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. If you need to change your test day or time, you will have to register for another session and pay a new fee.
- For more information regarding TEAS or to order practice tests or books, visit www.atitesting.com.
Contents of this page:
- Testing Schedule
- How to register for TEAS
- Test Day
- What happens if there is bad weather on your test day?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What version of TEAS does BC use?
- Are there any online study guides or practice tests available for preparation?
- What is the minimum score required for applying to the BC Nursing program?
- When should I take the TEAS?
- Is there a retest fee?
- Is it possible to retest only one section of the TEAS?
- Can I register for the TEAS if I am not a student at BC?
- Can I use a calculator when taking the TEAS?
- When will I receive my result for my TEAS?
- I took the TEAS at another college, how do I send my result to BC?
- If I have a bachelor’s degree, do I need to take the TEAS?
- Can I get a refund if I need to cancel my test registration?
- What should I do if I need to change my test date or time?
- Other Contact Information:
- Below is the upcoming ATI TEAS test dates at Bellevue College.
- Seating will begin 20 minutes prior to test start time, No late arrivals.
- Test dates for May 2017:
|Test Date-SPRING 2017||Time|
|Friday July 14th||9am - 1:00 pm|
|Friday July 21st||9am - 1:00 pm|
|Friday July 28th||9am - 1:00 pm|
|Friday August 4th||9am - 1:00 pm|
|Friday August 11th||9am - 1:00 pm|
|Friday August 18th||9am - 1:00 pm|
|Friday August 25th||9am - 1:00 pm|
Bellevue College, Main Campus Testing Services, Room B142 3000 Landerholm Circle SE Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
We are located across the street from the Parking garage, follow orange-and-blue sandwich board signs to our entrance, which is behind a set of stairs near STUDENT CENTRAL and the Bookstore.
How to register for TEAS
The TEAS is offered in partnership with Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI). You can register for the test on the ATI website.
- Go to the ATI website and create an ATI account. Select “Bellevue College TEAS’ if you plan on selecting Bellevue College as your choice of institution.
- Once you have registered, go to the ATI homepage and select “Register for TEAS”.
- Follow the prompts and select the date you want to register for.
- Pay the non-refundable registration fee of $105.00. After you have completed the registration, you will receive a confirmation email from ATI.
Be sure to select the correct date and time when you are able to take the test. The registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. We will not make changes or refund you if you are unable to attend the test after you have registered.
NOTE: TEAS registrations are accepted on a first come first serve basis. You can register and take the test on our campus even though you are not a current BC student. Register early because space is limited!
Accommodated testing for individuals who have disabilities is available upon request/approval. For more information or to request accommodations, please email us at email@example.com.
I. What To Bring On Test Day
- A valid government-issued photo identification. No picture ID, no test allowed, no exceptions.
- Your ATI account username and password which will be needed to log into the test.
II. Important Regulations
- You need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the testing time to check in for the test.
- No late admission is allowed once the test has started.
- Schedule 4 hours to take the test however, you may leave if you finish the test earlier.
- Personal Calculators are prohibited; scratch paper and pencil will be provided.
- No bag or back pack allowed in the test room. Lockers are provided, if needed.
- No drinks or food in the test room except for bottled water.
- No hats, coats or jackets that have pockets are allowed in the test room.
- You may take one break in between the test sections for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Cell phone and all other electronic devices are prohibited in the test room.
What happens if there is bad weather on your test day?
Check this BC homepage for campus closures. If the college is not open due to severe weather, a makeup will be re-scheduled. You will be notified by e-mail regarding re-scheduling information. If conditions are dangerous, do not attempt to travel to the test center. If the test center stays open and the test is given, but you are unable to reach the test center because of severe weather, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What version of TEAS does BC use?
BC is currently using “ATI TEAS” version, new as of August 31, 2016.
Are there any online study guides or practice tests available for preparation?
Yes. There are study guides and practice tests available on the ATI website.
What is the minimum score required for applying to the BC Nursing program?
Please consult the Nursing Department.
When should I take the TEAS?
TEAS must be completed within one year of application and cannot be taken more than 2 times in the same period. At BC, we do not require you to wait for a certain time before retaking the test. You may register to up to two test sessions.
Is there a retest fee?
Yes. You need to re-register for another test session and pay a new registration fee.
Is it possible to retest only one section of the TEAS?
No. You will have to retest all four (4) sections.
Can I register for the TEAS if I am not a student at BC?
Yes. You can register for the test whether or not you are enrolled at BC.
Can I use a calculator when taking the TEAS?
No. Calculators are NOT allowed for ATI TEAS.
When will I receive my result for my TEAS?
Score will be available immediately after the test has been completed.
I took the TEAS at another college, how do I send my result to BC?
If you took the TEAS at another institution, you need to request an official transcript through ATI to be submitted to BC. A printed copy of your score report will NOT be accepted.
If I have a bachelor’s degree, do I need to take the TEAS?
Yes. You are still required to take the test if you are applying to the BC Nursing Program.
Can I get a refund if I need to cancel my test registration?
No. The fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
What should I do if I need to change my test date or time?
If you need to change your test date or time, you must register for another test session and pay a new fee.
Other Contact Information:
- For information about preparing for the TEAS, visit Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) website.
- For information about admission requirements for Associate Degree Nursing Program, visit Nursing Department website.
Last Updated April 23, 2017