Faculty & Staff Responsibilities
All Bellevue College employees are obligated to report Title IX concerns. Submitting a report does not automatically initiate an investigation. It does provide an opportunity for the parties involved to access supportive measures and learn about their options for formal and informal resolution processes.
- Group Work – if students are to meet in person, remind them to meet in a public location vs. a home
- Monitor any social media or online sites that are course or department related
- Disclose your reporting obligation to students
- Establish expectations – establish class engagement expectations up front
- Interrupt – address problems, comments, and behaviors as they occur
- Request a Title IX consultation/intervention – if you have any questions or need assistance, please contact BC’s Title IX Office.
WA State Employees
Washington State has created an educational pamphlet for state employees.
Last Updated March 11, 2021