Transfer College Credits

Before You Transfer Credits

  1. Complete the general admissions process.
  2. If you are a new student, register for classes. (Not required for selective admissions programs, active duty military, veterans, or veteran’s dependents.)

How to Transfer College Credits

  1. Send your official transcripts to Bellevue College.
  2. Submit course descriptions if you attended college before 1994 or in a different country.
  3. Submit the Transfer Credit Request.
  4. Watch your BC Student email account.You will get an email when the evaluation is complete. Your student email account is not your Canvas inbox.

What You Need to Know

  • If you do not want a degree or certificate from Bellevue College, you do not need to transfer your credits. If you just need permission to register for a higher-level class, please review the online prerequisite clearing process.
  • We can only accept transfer credits from colleges with regional accreditation (or the equivalent of regional accreditation in a different country). Please see Frequently Asked Questions for more information.

Paper transcripts and documents should be mailed to:

Bellevue College
ATTN: Student Central/Enrollment Services B125
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484

Electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the institution. We cannot accept copies that are forwarded from your personal email account. If the electronic transcript was downloaded and viewed by anyone else, we cannot use it for transfer credit. Electronic transcripts and documents should be emailed to:

If you attended college before 1994 or in a different country, please submit course descriptions. To transfer credit, we need to review course descriptions that explain the content of your courses. Usually you can contact the Registrar’s Office at your previous college and they will provide this documentation. The course descriptions must be from the year you took the classes. If you cannot get course descriptions, we will review your transcript by looking at the course titles only. However, please be aware that some courses may not transfer without course descriptions.

How to send course descriptions:

Please submit your course descriptions online. You will need to provide a web link to the catalog at your previous college. If the catalog web link is not from the year you took the courses, you can upload documents directly. We need to see descriptions from the year you took the courses.

Paper transcripts must be in an unopened envelope that was sealed by the school. If the envelope was opened, the transcript it not official.

Electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the school. We cannot accept copies that are forwarded from your personal email account. If the electronic transcript was downloaded and viewed by anyone else, it is not official and cannot be used for transfer credit.

If you attended multiple colleges, please submit each transcript separately. To transfer credits we need to see the original transcript from the school where you took the classes. For example, if you took classes at Cascadia College and then transferred to the University of Washington, you need to send both transcripts separately.

In general, we only transfer the courses you need for your degree. You can meet with an academic advisor while you wait for your credits to transfer. Advisors can give an unofficial review to help you plan your classes. The Evaluations office will make the final decision.

For AP, IB, and Cambridge A Level exams, you can view exam credit equivalencies here.

If you attended another two-year school in Washington state:

The state of Washington has a common course numbering system for two-year schools. This means some schools offer identical courses that have the same number. If two schools offer the same common course, they are considered identical and direct equivalents. Common courses have the ampersand symbol (&). For Example, ENGL& 101 is a common course. If you took ENGL& 101 at a different school, it will transfer to Bellevue College as ENGL& 101. If there is no ampersand (&) symbol, it is not a common course and is not guaranteed to be the same. For example, “ENGL 101” is not a common course because it does not have the ampersand (&) symbol.

Please select the degree you are working on now. If you plan to complete multiple degrees, please select the first degree you will complete. You can submit an additional request for your next degree later. If you are working on multiple degrees at the same time, you can submit multiple requests.

Do you have more questions?

You can ask a question online. A Student Central staff member will follow up with you. You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions web page.

Last Updated October 9, 2019