Military Credit

Bellevue College accepts military training and experience for college credit. There are two main documents we can use to award credit:

  • Joint Services Transcript (JST)
    • This contains a record of all your training and work experience in the military. You can order your JST online.
  • DD 214
    • Awards 3 credits of Physical Education only

Paper transcripts and documents should be mailed to:

Bellevue College
ATTN: Evaluations
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484

Electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the institution. We cannot accept copies that are forwarded from your personal email account. If the electronic transcript was downloaded and viewed by anyone else, we cannot use it for transfer credit. Electronic transcripts and documents should be emailed to:

Transfer My Military Training

Other Types of Credit

If you also attended a traditional college or the Defense Language Institute, there is a different request form to transfer those credits: Transfer College Credits. If you have CLEP or DANTES credits, please follow the procedure for exam credits.

Do you have more questions?

You can ask a question online. A Student Central staff member will follow up with you. You can also visit our webpage for Veterans Services.

Last Updated June 16, 2022