Bellevue College accepts military training and experience for college credit. There are two main documents we can use to award credit:
- Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- This contains a record of all your training and work experience in the military. You can order your JST online.
- DD 214
- Awards 3 credits of Physical Education only
How to Transfer Military Credit
- Complete the general admissions process.
- Send your official documents to Bellevue College.
- Submit the Request for Extra Institutional Learning. Check the box for “Extra-Institutional Learning.”
- Watch your BC Student email account. You will get an email when the evaluation is complete. Note: Your student email account is not your Canvas inbox.
Paper transcripts and documents should be mailed to:
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the institution. We cannot accept copies that are forwarded from your personal email account. If the electronic transcript was downloaded and viewed by anyone else, we cannot use it for transfer credit. Electronic transcripts and documents should be emailed to: email@example.com
Other Types of Credit
If you also attended a traditional college or the Defense Language Institute, there is a different request form to transfer those credits: Transfer College Credits. If you have CLEP or DANTES credits, please follow the procedure for exam credits.
Do you have more questions?
Last Updated March 26, 2019