This waiver is used only for classes with space available one business day prior to the start of the upcoming quarter. Senior students must wait to register until 8:00 am one business day prior to the start of the upcoming quarter, or obtain instructor permission during the late registration period. (See the academic calendar for exact dates)
Senior students forfeit the waiver option if they register before the designated time, even if they later drop the class from their registration record.
- Must be at least 60 years of age
- Must be a Washington State resident for tuition purposes
- Must be admitted to the college and pay the application fee if not previously admitted
- Students pay a $5 per class fee, and all other class and college fees connected with being a student
- Class fees can be found on the class in the quarterly class schedule
- College fees can be found on the Tuition and Fees website and typically run from $38 – $160 for a five credit class
- Limited to two classes per quarter
- Applies to state support classes only
Note: Bellevue College limits access to this waiver for senior students who take classes for audit only. This means that no credit is earned for the classes and no grade is recorded.
Process: After class registration (no earlier than 8:00 am one business day before the quarter begins), submit the form: Online Request for Senior Citizen Waiver
For questions or assistance, please submit an online help request ticket to Enrollment Services
Last Updated December 14, 2022