You may be eligible for the Worker Retraining Program if you are in one of the following categories:
- You are currently receiving or are eligible to receive unemployment benefits.
- You have exhausted your unemployment benefits within the past 48 months.
- You are an unemployed or under-employed veteran who was discharged within the past 48 months.
- NEW !! You are active duty military with separation orders.
- You are a displaced homemaker due to divorce or death of your spouse within the past 48 months
- You have been self-employed, but are now unemployed due to economic changes in your community.
- Unemployment Benefits – Individuals on unemployment insurance, those who have received a warn/layoff notice, or who have exhausted their benefits within the last 48 months.
- Self-employed – Formerly self-employed individual who is now unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community in which the individual resides or because of natural disasters.
- Displaced homemakers – An individual who has been providing unpaid services in their home and who has been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income due to divorce or death of the primary wage earner, and is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment.