Interested in going on your own outdoor adventures though do not know where to start? Follow these pre-trip-planning steps and be more prepared in no time!
Step 1 – Before You Go
- Determine your goals and objectives? What, why, and with Who?
- Learn about and respect the rules and regulations of Public Lands and Wilderness Areas.
- Back country travel requires a certain level of expertise and knowledge. PE 115 and PE 116 give you the tools and knowledge to get started hiking rain , shine or snow!
Step 2 – Research Your Trip
- Make sure to check the weather before you leave!
- Plan ahead by checking trail conditions with current trip reports! Always have a Plan B, C and D.
- Leave your trip plan with someone at home…just in case.
Step 3 – Pack for Success
- No need for a large shopping trip, many of these items can be found at thrifts store, around your own home or borrowed from friends and family. We also rent gear: backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, tents, snowshoes and bear canisters.
- Plan out with all of your items in plain view, then decide what you REALLY need. If you don’t think your going to use leave it at home.
- Read more about steps for getting you packed up and adjusted.
Last Updated April 14, 2019