4750P Classified Staff Performance Evaluation (Procedures)
Original Date: 3/23/1992 * Last Revision Effective: 4/21/2015
Policy Contact: Vice President, Human Resources
As per the collective bargaining agreement by and between the State of Washington and the Washington Public Employees Association Higher Education (WPEA) and Washington Federation of State Employees Higher Education (WFSE), each Bellevue College classified employee will be evaluated at least annually by his/her immediate supervisor, using the form as provided in the collective bargaining agreement to record and inform employees regarding how well they have contributed to the fulfillment of institution and job objectives. Employees on probation or trial service will be evaluated according to the procedures set out below to determine the employee’s suitability to that position. Thereafter, the permanent employee will be evaluated annually.
- The evaluation year is the same as the college fiscal year: July 1 to June 30 of the next year.
- Supervisors shall meet with probationary employees during the third month of the probationary period to discuss performance and written job expectations.
- The supervisor must complete the evaluation for ongoing permanent employees by June 30 of each year. The evaluation shall include an interview with the employee to explain the results and discuss the job description and the work expectations for the next year. The supervisor should give the employee a copy of the evaluation.
- The evaluation form is next submitted to the second-level supervisor for his/her review.
- The second-level supervisor must complete the review and send the evaluation to the Human Resources Department July 31 of each year for final review and placement in the employee’s file.
- A copy of the completed evaluation is available to the employee upon request to the personnel officer.
Relevant Laws and Other Resources
- Collective Bargaining Agreement by and between State of Washington and Washington Public Employees Association Higher Education (WPEA) and Washington Federation of State Employees Higher Education (WFSE)
Revisions 5/21/2009; 8/31/2010;4/21/2015