6605P Marketing and Merchandising of Credit Cards (Procedures)
Original Date: 5/17/2005 * Last Revision Effective: 9/24/2012
Policy Contact: Vice President, Student Services
These procedures are established to provide for the marketing or merchandising of credit cards on institutional property to students and shall be available to students upon their request.
These procedures describe the limitations of marketing or merchandising of credit cards to students, except as provided in newspapers, magazines, or similar publications or within any location of a financial services business regularly doing business on the institution’s property. Credit card marketers shall register with the office of student programs and:
- Use the student union building and follow student union vendor policy and procedures.
- Limit marketing and merchandising to once each month unless invited to participate in a college-wide event.
- Provide credit card debt education literature, which includes, but is not limited to, brochures of written or electronic information.
- Inform students about good credit management practices unless the college has made such information available to students.
- Make the marketing policy available to all students upon their request.
- The offering of free merchandise or incentives to students as part of the credit card marketing.
- Any student enrolled for one or more credit hours.
Relevant Laws and Other Resources
Revision 5/21/2009; 9/24/2012