Original Date: 1/31/1995 * Last Revision Effective: 4/6/2015
Policy Contact: Vice President, Student Affairs
Bellevue College provides for college vehicles for officially sanctioned activities through the athletics department. The following set forth the rules and procedures for using college vehicles.
Driving is limited to eligible and authorized personnel. Drivers of the vehicle must be permanently employed by Bellevue College and must possess a Washington state driver’s license and proof of current insurance coverage.
The vehicle must be reserved through the athletics office. Scheduling of the vehicle will be on a first-come, first-served basis according to the following priority order.
- Student programs, other campus organizations and classes.
Athletics programs have priority use of the vehicle, but if an athletic event has to be rescheduled and another group has reserved the van for the rescheduled time, athletics will not “bump” the other group.
Cancellation of vehicle reservations must be made in advance to allow for usage by other groups. A fee may be assessed for failure to cancel a reservation in a timely fashion. A number of “no-shows” may result in restriction of use of the vehicle by that organization.
Minimum charges are established by the vice president of student affairs or his/her designee. Information on minimum charges may be obtained from the athletics office.
Responsibilities of Users
The organization using the vehicle is responsible for returning the vehicle to the college in clean and good condition.
The assigned driver and the driver’s insurance carrier are bearers of primary responsibility for any liability incurred while the vehicle is in use by the group if actions incurring the liability are the fault of the assigned driver.
The following restrictions also apply:
- Driver must carry Washington state driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance on his/her person at all times.
- Each occupant of the vehicle must be seated individually and must be secured with a seat belt at all times while the vehicle is in motion. No occupant may ride unsecured. Number of passengers may not exceed number of functional seat belts.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking in vehicles is prohibited.
- Use of radar or wideband laser detectors in the athletics vehicle is prohibited.
Revisions 3/22/2005; 5/21/2009; 9/11/2012; 4/6/2015
Last Updated January 29, 2019