Original Date: 9/6/2017 * Last Revision Effective: 9/6/2017
Policy Contact: Vice President, Information Technology Services
It is the policy of Bellevue College to provide quality and cost effective print, copy, and scan services to meet the needs of students, faculty and staff, while at the same time directly supporting the fiscal and sustainability goals of the institution.
The college will establish procedures under this policy, as needed, to:
- Regulate printing services provided on campus,
- Administer overall campus print hardware and software purchasing, deployment and management, and
- Manage information technology support services related to the use of college printing.
- All subordinate procedures, standards and/or processes established under this policy will be developed with an intent to help:
- Reduce college expenses related to consumables and soft printing technologies;
- Reduce impact on the climate by minimizing the number of printing devices used at the college;
- Reduce the maintenance expenses of all college print/copy/scan hardware devices; and
- Meet all expectations set forth in Washington state law and applicable federal, state and local regulations related to the governance of printing services and support offered.
Information Technology Services Vice President
Has responsibility for maintenance and administration of this policy. ITS will draft updates and changes to this policy and its associated procedures when required, with input from Bellevue College Governance.
Changes are approved following relevant campus procedures.
Relevant Laws and Other Resources
- Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 43.19.742
- Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 200-380-020
- Policy #4400 – Acceptable Use of State Resources
- Policy #5150 – Acceptable Use of Information Technology
Board of Trustees
Last Updated July 1, 2020