4800P Telecommuting And Alternative Schedules (Procedures)
Original Date: 6/3/2003 * Last Revision Effective: 5/31/2011
Policy Contact: Vice President, Human Resources
The following procedures are established to meet the requirements for implementing policy #4800 – Telecommuting and Alternative Schedules Policy.
Either the employee or the department may initiate the request.
- If the employee initiates the request, the employee should complete the checklist, “Developing a Proposal for a Telecommuting or Alternative Schedule Arrangement,” before requesting an appointment with the supervisor to discuss the proposal.
- If and when the administrative supervisor agrees to a telecommuting or alternative schedule arrangement, the department should complete a formal, written agreement, using the telecommuting and alternative schedule guidelines and the telecommuting agreement located in the forms library in MyBC.
- Once all required signatures have been obtained, the employee should be given a copy of the document, and the original should be maintained by the department with a copy submitted to human resources.
- As questions arise, they should be directed to human resources.
Resources. Human resources can assist employees and supervisors design optimum agreements.
- a work arrangement in which some or all of the work is performed at an off-campus work site such as the home or in office space near home. Communication may be by one of several means, such as phone, modem, fax, and pager. Equipment may be owned and maintained by the employee or by the college.
- alternative schedules may include variations in daily beginning and ending work time periods, or a compressed workweek providing those schedules comply with state and federal wage and hour laws.
Revisions 5/10/2005; 5/21/2009; 5/31/2011