6130P After Hours Building Use (Procedures)
Original Date: 10/21/2008 * Last Revision Effective: 9/17/2012
Policy Contact: Vice President Administrative Services
The following procedures are established to meet the requirements for implementing policy #6130 – After Hours Building Use.
Individuals, groups or clubs must adhere to the following steps to obtain authorization for after hours use of Bellevue College facilities.
- Complete an after hours building use permit form. Form must be approved by department head (at minimum a dean level position) and public safety.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions which include
- If assigned a key code – memorize and use your key code to access a building or room
- Do not prop doors open under any circumstances
- Do not eat or drink in areas that are designated as food or drink prohibited
- Do not let anyone else into the building or room – including other students, family, children, friends. Other authorized students will have their own entry code or key
- Do not use college equipment or facilities for personal use (including a college owned computer). Personal use refers to activities that are not related to the students’ program of studies.
- No alcohol is allowed
- Notify public safety upon your arrival and departure hours
- If you are asked to evacuate the premises by an official of the college you must comply immediately
- Keep a copy of the authorized after hours building use permit form with you at all times while in a building after hours.
After hours building use permit may be revoked or suspended by public safety for violations of the college policies and procedures or as necessary to suit the needs of the college.
Public safety may deny authorize based on past experience with an individual or activity.
Revisions 5/21/2009; 9/17/2012