Original Date: 6/28/2005 * Last Revision Effective: 5/13/2015
Policy Contact: Vice President, Administrative Services
The following procedures are established to meet the requirements for implementing policy #6190 – Integrated Pest Management.
All pesticides used on campus will be registered and approved with the EPA and the WSDA. Pesticides will be stored in a clearly posted and secure site not accessible to students or other unauthorized personnel.
Campus Grounds; buildings, grounds and athletic facilities
Pesticide application signage must be posted at each time of application by the individual licensed applicator. Notification signage must meet the following standards:
Size: 8 ½” by 11”
Paper: Brightly colored cardstock or laminated paper
Text Color: Black
- “PESTICIDE APPLICATION” All capital letters, bold, and a minimum 1/2” high with Bellevue College Logo
- “This landscape has been treated by: Bellevue College (insert department)”
All capital letters and a minimum of ¼” high text
- PRODUCT NAME/TYPE:
- Date applied:
- FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE call: [DEPARTMENT]* (include applicator or contact name and phone number)
These titles are to be a minimum ¼” high, all capital letters
- Post at points of entry
- Post in front of area treated
- Leave sign in place for a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours
All future construction, renovations, and landscape modifications will incorporate pest exclusion, prevention, and other established IPM techniques in the planning, design and construction process.
Early Learning Center
Any application made to the early learning center landscape or building facilities will follow IPM procedures; as well as the requirements stated in RCW 17.21.415.
Relevant Laws and Other Resources
Revisions 5/21/2009; 9/17/2012; 5/13/2015
Last Updated May 13, 2015