Greetings from BC’s new Sustainability Coordinator

Greetings!

I am very pleased to join the Bellevue College community in a new position as the Sustainability Coordinator / Resource Conservation Manager.   This position was created out of a partnership between Campus Operations, which received a grant from Puget Sound Energy to reduce our energy consumption, and Student Programs, with resources from the Student Environmental Sustainability Fund.

My role is to encourage the institutionalization of sustainability on campus, by tracking and reporting key indicators,  leading initiatives in energy conservation and transportation, supporting student, faculty and staff projects and committees and raising awareness and engagement in sustainability among Bellevue College community-members.   In the next few weeks I will be developing and publishing a list of active and future projects.

Please get in touch with me if there are particular issues or ideas in which you would like be involved.  I can be reached at Deric.Gruen (–at–) BellevueCollege.edu.  I look forward to hearing from you.

By Deric Gruen

Last Updated November 19, 2013