Earth Week 2014 – Create Ecotopia!
BC Earth Week is coming April 21-25
Help us plan to make this year great!
This is the 15th annual Earth Week at Bellevue College. The theme for this milestone is “Creating Ecotopia”
The theme guides programming but individual events throughout the week may cover a range of topics. Your involvement makes Earth Week a powerful experience for students, staff, and faculty. Faculty can learn more at the “Teaching Earth Week” session at February 20th, 1:00 – 2:30pm in the Faculty Commons. We’ll explore the theme, ideas, and resources for integrating the events into your own class. Explore ideas with your peers by registering for this session!
Options for participating include:
(1) Giving a lecture (BC faculty and staff are always the heart of our program);
(2) Propose a speaker or event you’d be interested in (connections help, but suggestions are good too);
(3) Presentations and events from students, clubs, programs, departments, student organizations, etc.
(4) Bring a class to a lecture (respond with the class name and time);
(5) Be involved in the general planning for an event or the week;
(6) Sign the Teach Earth Week Pledge (this pledge asks that you incorporate in your course – at least once – Earth Week, its theme, or concerns for sustainability.)
See the Earth Week website to see what we’ve done in years past. The sky is the limit – no idea is to big or to small! Clubs, classes, individuals, groups for projects, panel discussions… It’s all good! Connect with firstname.lastname@example.org and identify how you’d like to be involved.