It’s National Voters Registration Day!

vote

It’s not too late! Make your voice heard and register to vote by October 26th! To register, update your voter information, and learn what’s on your ballot visit https://voter.votewa.gov/WhereToVote.aspx Younger than 18? No problem, in Washington 16 and 17 year old citizens can register to vote!

Today is National Voter Registration Day. So, please make sure that you are registered and that your students, colleagues, family members, friends, and community members are registered as well. Here are some frequently asked questions about this process (will differ outside Washington state):

Q. Am I eligible to vote in this election? If you can answer yes to each of these statements, you are eligible to vote.

• I am a U.S. Citizen
  • I will be at least 18 years old by or on Election Day
  • I will have lived in Washington for at least 30 days before the election
  • I am not presently denied my right to vote as a result of being under the authority of the Department of Corrections for a felony conviction

Q: Is it too late to register for this election? 

To register by mail or online, your application must be received no later than 8 days before Election Day (October 26). Register to vote in person during business hours and any time before 8:00 PM on Election Day (November 3).

Q: How do I register to vote? 

If you live in Washington, go to its voter site. If you live outside Washington, the national site can help you.

Q. I am not yet 18 years old. Can I still register? 

Yes. 16 and 17 year old citizens can register to vote in WA. You will automatically receive ballots once you turn 18. If you move, you will need to update your address. If you are using the older voter registration forms, you can disregard the language that says “I will be 18 by the next election.” The updated forms say something like “I am at least 16 years old.”

Q. How do I confirm my address for the ballot?

Just go to Washington’s website and enter your name and birthdate. If you live outside Washington, check with your Secretary of State.

Last Updated September 22, 2020