“As a tutor, I learned how to communicate effectively across a variety of cultures and academic backgrounds. I gained valuable experience working in a collaborative environment that carried over into my professional employment.”
–Carson Yip, former ASC tutor
Are you a professional interested in volunteering as a tutor? Contact the ASC today!
The Academic Success Center is always looking for motivated and enthusiastic student tutors. If you’ve gotten a B+ or above and are interested in having a flexible, on-campus job, please contact us for more information at 425-564-2200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete a Tutor Application (click “Apply Here!” above)
- Email application and unofficial transcript to email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed in response to staffing needs
- If positions are available, you will be contacted via email for an interview
*Instructors may email course recommendations directly to the ASC firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com or call 425-564-2200 for further questions.
Salary: $19.96/hour Job Type: Hourly
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is looking for highly motivated student tutors with comprehensive subject knowledge and effective interpersonal and communication skills. Primary responsibilities involve tutoring Bellevue College students as well as completing required training. Hours are determined quarterly based on tutor availability and the tutoring needs of the ASC.
- Overall GPA of 3.2 or above (or upward GPA trajectory), in current or previous education
- A, A- or B+ in subject areas applicant wishes to tutor
- Faculty approval for each course/subject area applicant plans to tutor in
- Ability to take initiative, attend tutor trainings, and complete all Human Resource trainings
- Ability to communicate with multicultural populations and facilitate equitable learning
- Patience and empathy for students’ individual learning styles
- Desire to empower students and help them become independent learners
- Commitment to tutor at least three consecutive quarters
- Ability to tutor on-campus and virtually via Microsoft Teams
- Following an offer for employment, applicants will be sent hiring paperwork.
- Upon completion of hiring paperwork a two-hour orientation/training is required, dates will be provided.
- FERPA, Title IX, Ethics, and Hazing training required (completed online).
- During first two quarters of employment, tutors will complete 9 hours of training certified through CRLA (College of Reading and Learning Association).
- Lab and subject-specific training may also be required.
Bellevue College reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; gender identity or veteran status in educational programs and activities which it operates. Please visit https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/equal for more information.
Last Updated October 17, 2023