Visited us on Teams before? Go the Writing Lab Now
Writing Lab tutors are available in person and on Microsoft Teams for live, real-time support during our business hours. For other times, please access the Online Consortium (“eTutoring”) tutors.
Want to send in your paper now, get written feedback later?
Connect with tutors outside of Bellevue College in eTutoringVisit eTutoring
Want help with resume and cover letter content?Visit BC’s Center for Career Connections
What can you expect from a Writing Lab tutoring session?
- We read through your paper aloud together
- We listen to your ideas and ask questions to clarify your thesis and specific goals
- We give you feedback and point out any confusing parts
- We check if your paper meets the assignment goals and explain why if it does not
- We help you learn how to correct and avoid punctuation or grammar errors
- Most one-on-one sessions last about 35 minutes
Other Writing Lab Services
- In addition to spontaneous, drop-in visits, we also offer appointments
- Workshops for groups to work on common writing concerns (including grammar!)
- Writing guides for a variety of writing topics
- Videos of some writing workshop presentations
Last Updated March 9, 2023