Admissions for the BS in Computer Science program are now closed for the 2023-24 academic year. Learn more about how to apply for the 2024-25 academic year!
A Constantly Growing Field
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics notes a favorable job market for the fields of computer and information technology, which is “projected to grow 15 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations; this increase is expected to result in about 682,800 new jobs over the decade. In addition to new jobs from growth, opportunities arise from the need to replace workers who leave their occupations permanently. About 418,500 openings each year, on average, are projected to come from growth and replacement needs. The median annual wage for this group was $97,430 in May 2021, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $45,760.”
Life After Graduation
This list includes companies and organizations that have employed Bellevue College CS graduates.
- Astronics AES
- Cat Daddy Games
- Correlation One
- Developmental Disabilities Administration
- Dell Technologies
- Expedia Group
- Hilton Software
- KBR Inc
- Leaftail Labs
- Marriott International
- Mt Si Sports
- Phase Zero
- Power Info LLC
- REI (Recreational Equipment, Inc.)
- Sanford Health
- Sentry Dynamics
- Spectrum Effect
- State Farm
- Stitch Fix
- Tata Consultancy Services
These are some of the common job titles in the industry of Bellevue College CS graduates.
- Software Development Engineer
- Software Security Engineer I
- Software Engineer
- Applications Engineer
- Associate RPA Developer
- Associate System Design Engineer
- Azure Service Engineer
- CS Specialist
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Data Platform Engineer
- Data Science Fellow
- Hybrid Cloud Engineer
- Incident Management L2 Support
- Java Developer
- Junior DevOps Engineer
- Security Analyst
- Senior Research Analyst
Several CS alumni are attending graduate school.
- One of our alumni completed their Masters of Technology in Computer Science Engineering (CSE) with specialization in Big Data Analytics from Vellore Institute of Technology.
- One of our alumni is pursing their Masters of Science in Computer Science at Georgia Institute of Technology.
Career Support and Professional Development at Bellevue College
Professional Development Within the CS Department
BS in Computer Science students can expect to engage in professional development activities during their time in the program. Senior capstone projects allow students to apply their technical knowledge to real-world scenarios in preparation for their careers post-gradation. Additionally, mock interviews arranged for current computer science students allow them the opportunity to articulate their skills and accomplishments in a professional setting. Faculty advisors also support students with their professional development via regular one-on-one advising meetings.
Bellevue College’s Center for Career Connections
The Center for Career Connections (CCC) serves current Bellevue College students, alumni, and community members with their professional development and career search needs. Advisors from the CCC are available to:
- Help you explore career options and take career assessments
- Provide feedback and guidance on your cover letters, resumés, and LinkedIn profiles
- Mock interview you and provide feedback
- Help you craft personal statements and essays for university admissions and scholarships
- Guide you with networking and provide success strategies for an effective career search
- Support you with creating a profile and searching for jobs on Handshake
- Offer individualized support for students who identify as neurodivergent or a person with a disability
Visit the CCC website to schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor to support your job search needs.
For issues or questions about our website, contact the website manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Events
Connect with us on our social media accounts!
Latest Posts on our Blog
Complete the form below.
Last Updated September 16, 2023