Transfer Credits to Bellevue College

If you have earned credits at another regionally accredited school prior to attending BC, you may request an official transfer credit evaluation to determine how many of those credits will apply toward the AA in Interior Studies at BC. Students are strongly encouraged to request a transfer credit evaluation review during their first quarter at BC.

In general, BC only accepts credits earned at institutions accredited by their regional accredited association provided such credits have been earned through college-level courses that are applicable to the students program at BC. There are six regional accrediting agencies. For more details visit the BC course catalog.

If you have college level Interior Design or Art specific credits and want to understand which credits may be applicable to your studies at Bellevue College, set up an individual meeting with your Interior Design Faculty Advisor by contacting the Interior Design Program Manager at You will need to bring copies of your college transcript(s) and course descriptions to the meeting.

Non-Traditional Credits

Credits from non-regionally accredited institutions follow the college’s policies and procedures for awarding non-traditional credit. BC awards non-traditional credit for prior learning. Credit may be awarded for work completed in private study, at non-accredited institutions, or for certificate/training.

Credit is awarded through examination, evaluation of certification/training, or submission of portfolio or other form of assessment. To apply for the credits, students must be registered at the college for the quarter in which non-traditional credits are requested and have completed ten quarter credit hours at the college. See Enrollment Services for more information.

Academic Advising Report

Use your academic advising report in CtcLink to monitor your progress towards your degree. For the latest degree updates and related information please refer to

Last Updated March 20, 2024