- April 15, 2021–Fall Quarter 2021 deadline
- September 30, 2021-Winter Quarter 2022 deadline
- January 15, 2022–Spring Quarter 2022 deadline
Applications are accepted three times per year, for fall, winter and spring quarter admissions. All application requirements must be submitted by the application deadline in order to be considered for admissions. Application materials received after the most recent quarter’s submission deadline (listed above) will be automatically considered for the next quarter’s admissions cycle.
To qualify for admissions to the Bachelor of Applied Arts in Interior Design program students must have an Associate of Arts degree or higher (or equivalent), from either BC or another regionally accredited institution in one of the following degree categories:
- Interior Design
- Interior Architecture
- Industrial Design
Bellevue College AA students are required to apply for graduation and have received their AA Interior Studies degree prior to starting out in the BAA program. Applicants may apply before completion of their degree but degree verification will be completed no later than 1 week prior to the beginning of the applicants first quarter in the BAA program.
Step 2 (for non-BC students only):
Apply for general BC Admission and pay the $55 application and placement fee at http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/admissions/apply/general/.
NOTE: Current BC students SHOULD NOT apply for general BC Admissions or pay the $55 fee since they are already a BC student.
Complete the BC Interior Design BAA Admissions Application and pay the non-refundable $125 application fee.
- Be sure to upload unofficial copies of your transcripts from other regionally accredited institutions. Bellevue College transcripts do not need to be uploaded. Allowed file types: .pdf. Do not upload any file that contains your Social Security Number. NOTE: Bellevue College AA Interior Studies students do not need to resubmit copies of transcript(s). All previously submitted and processed transcript evaluations will appear in the BC Degree Audit system, and include all possible (approved) transfer credits for both the AA and BAA degrees.
- Upload your portfolio saved as a pdf file. Portfolio requirements are below and must be submitted by the quarterly application deadline.
- Your portfolio should be anonymous and should not contain any references to your name, or any other personal information.
- Creative work. Portfolios should be submitted as a pdf file and not exceed twenty (20) pages. The Cover page is included in the 20 page limit. PDF should also be formatted no larger than 11″x17″.
- Please contact our Program Manager at email@example.com with questions about the portfolio content.
a. Submit official (sealed) transcripts to the BC Evaluations office (see address below) to document that you have obtained an Associate of Arts degree or higher (or equivalent), from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better in one of the following degree categories: Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture or Industrial Design.
b. Complete the online Transfer Credit Review Request form (login required). Check your BC email account often. Allow six to eight weeks for processing. YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNTIL YOU SUBMIT THIS ONLINE FORM. https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/transfer/general-transfer-of-credits/
Official transcripts must be submitted no later than 1 week prior to the beginning of the applicants first quarter in the Bachelor of Applied Arts Interior Design program. Applicants may apply before completion of these requirements but must submit their final transcript( and online form) showing completion of the requirements within the timeframe outlined above.
NOTE: Bellevue College AA Interior Studies students do not need to submit copies of final transcripts documenting degree completion.
Mail official transcripts to:
3000 Landerholm Circle S.E.
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Step 5: Notice of Acceptance
Candidates for admission to the Interior Design BAA program will receive acceptance notification from the Bellevue College Interior Design Program via the email address provided on the candidate’s application form.
Please contact Program Manager, Deborah Dauterman at firstname.lastname@example.org, 425.564.2624 with any questions you have about this process.
Step 6: International Students Only
International students should meet with their Office of International Education advisor once they have received notification of admissions into the BAA program. Additional information can be found the Office of International Education website.
Last Updated March 3, 2021