|Description||PC/Mac* Laptop or Desktop Recommendations|
|Operating System*||Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional or Home Premium edition
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit Enterprise or Professional edition
Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise or Professional edition
Mac OS 10.13+, 10.12+, and OSX 10.11
|Browser | Software||Internet Explorer 9.0 (or later)
SketchUp Pro for Windows requires .NET Framework version 4.5.2.
|CPU Type | PC||Multi-Core Intel Xeon, or i-Series processor; or AMD equivalent with SSE2 technology.
Highest affordable CPU speed rating available. 1GHz minimum
Multiple cores used for many tasks, with Revit using up to 16 cores for near-photorealistic rendering operations
|CPU Type | Mac||Boot Camp, VMWare, and Parallels are not supported environments for SketchUp.
Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac recommended for Revit
SketchUp: 2.1+ GHz Intel processor. Revit: 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel i7 for Revit. Get highest affordable GHZ.
|Memory||8-16 GB RAM
• 8 GB is usually sufficient for a typical editing session for a single Revit model up to approximately 300 MB on disk. For 3D modeling and rendering, in SketchUp or Rhino, 8 MB RAM is recommended.
• 16 GB is sufficient for a typical editing session for a single Revit model up to approximately 700 MB on disk. For 3D and rendering, in SketchUp or Rhino, 16 MB RAM is ideal.
|Video Display||1,280 x 1,024 with true color minimum; recommend 1,680 x 1,050 with true color
DPI Display Setting: 150% or less
|Video / Graphics Card : PC||3D class, DirectX® 11 capable graphics card, OpenGL 3.0 Compliant, with onboard memory (1 GB minimum), with Shader Model 3 as recommended by Autodesk.
NVIDIA Quadro or ATI Radeon Pro graphic cards are highly recommended.
|Hard Disk||16 GB total minimum capacity; 5 GB free disk space|
|Pointing Device||3 button scroll-wheel mouse (notched, incremental click wheels are more precise for navigating CAD/models)|
|Media||Download (or installation from DVD9 or USB key)|
|Connectivity||Internet connection for license registration and prerequisite component download|
|**Consult an Apple sales representative for equivalent iMac, Mac Pro, or Macbook specifications.|
Design Software Programs – the following programs are installed in the department labs
- Revit Architecture – latest version (avail. Free from Autodesk Education Community website)
- AutoCAD – optional (avail. Free from Autodesk Education Community website)
- Adobe Creative Cloud – online monthly subscription at student rate from Bellevue College
- SketchUp PRO – latest version at student discount
- Rhino (optional) – latest version
Last Updated February 26, 2018