Original Date: 9/1/1995 * Last Revision Effective: 11/23/21
Policy Contact: Associate Vice President, Student Affairs
The following procedures are established to ensure that current and former students can access their college transcripts.
The college provides access to unofficial transcripts so that students may track their progress towards degree completion, provide academic information for advising appointments and view their quarterly grades. All current and former students can access their unofficial transcript online using their student ID number. Student Central can assist students in accessing their unofficial transcripts, but does not provide students with a copy of unofficial transcripts.
The college allows use of unofficial transcripts from other colleges for academic advising, and for math and English placement decisions. Use of unofficial transcripts may vary by department, and students should check with the department they are working with to determine if submission of an unofficial transcript is permitted.
Official transcripts represent a student’s permanent academic record and are kept by the college indefinitely. Only a student may ask for an official copy of their transcript, or direct where the transcript is sent. The college charges a fee for each copy of an official transcript. Check the Official Transcript Request web page for information related to the cost of an official transcript.
Current and former students may ask for a copy of an official transcript or ask that a transcript be sent to another school, person, or agency in the following ways:
- Order the transcript online.
- The college partners with an outside agency to provide an online service for ordering and sending official transcripts.
- Requests submitted online are typically processed within 2 – 3 business days.
- Mail a written request to the Bellevue College Enrollment Services Department, or submit a written request in person at the U Building Information desk.
- Refer to the Official Transcript Request web page for information needed to request a transcript.
- Requests submitted by mail or in-person are typically processed within 3 – 4 business days after receiving the request.
- Payment by check or money order must be included with the request.
Whenever possible, the college transmits official transcripts electronically.
Unofficial Transcript: An unofficial transcript does not include the signature of a college official or the college seal (or its equivalent) of the issuing institution. It is generally out of the control of the college and can be copied, modified, or reproduced by the student and others.
Official Transcript: An official transcript is an original document generated and sent by the issuing school in a sealed envelope. It includes the signature of a college official and the college seal or is printed on secure transcript paper. An official transcript can also be generated by the issuing school and sent directly from the school through secure electronic means.
Revisions 3/22/2005; 5/21/2009; 4/6/2015; 11/23/2021
Last Updated November 23, 2021