The ELC doesn’t offer tours unless we can offer a family a spot in the program. This allows our daily programs to run uninterrupted. Take a look at our photo gallery to get a feel for our center.
Features of the Center
- 22,000 square feet of space
- Space for 190 children
- “Field” experience for BC students enrolled in early childhood education, nursing, parent education, and psychology
- An infant toddler care program
- Family outreach and advocacy services
Created through a collaborative effort between Bellevue College, Costco Wholesale Corporation and donations from many private donors, the Early Learning Center brings together BC programs in parent education, child care services, “field” training for child care providers and Head Start services for children from low-income families. An on-site family resource specialist also provides advocacy services for parents and families.
Many private and public contributors from the community made the ELC possible through their generous donations. The Early Center program also receives regular support from:
- ACCESS Grant from the U.S. Department of Education
- BC Student Government
- City of Bellevue
- Puget Sound ESD Head Start
- State of Washington
- US Department of Agriculture
Ongoing support to the Early Learning Center is extremely important. If you are interested in making a donation to support scholarships for children at the Center, or for general program support, please contact the BC Foundation for details on how to make your pledge.