Valley Medical Center has a variety part-time and full-time openings. Please apply to those positions that best match the schedule you need!
Apply online via the company website
JOB OVERVIEW: Under the direction of the Lead technologist, Director or Manager, and the radiologist, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in ultrasound at a technical level not requiring supervision. Performs a variety of routine, as well as interventional/invasive procedures requiring independent judgment.
AREA OF ASSIGNMENT: Radiology Services
HOURS OF WORK: Variable Hours
RESPONSIBLE TO: Radiology Director or Manager
Certified/Registered with the State of Washington.
Previous experience in ultrasound procedures, including interventional.
Flexibility, adaptability and the balance to keep organized and positive in a climate of constant change.
Demonstrates professionalism and effective interpersonal skills in a diverse population.
Demonstrates the ability to maintain a positive team concept.
Demonstrates the ability to communicate and work effectively with the physical and emotional development of all age groups.
Able to set priorities, work accurately, and organize work efficiently.
Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form in English.
Neat and well groomed in appearance.
UNIQUE PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENT, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires working as part of a team at the direction of the Director or Manager, lead, and radiologists to ensure efficient operation of the ultrasound department. Requires handling, lifting and transferring patients and equipment, standing, sitting, walking swiftly, reaching overhead, pulling, and bending. Requires the ability to effectively communicate with other staff, physicians, and patients. Requires working under changing conditions depending on the schedules of the department. Includes the potential for exposure to body fluids and other conditions common to hospitals. Requires transporting patients via wheelchair, stretcher, and bed throughout the facility. Requires skills in answering the phone, darkroom procedure (limited), laser magazine use, PACS image transfer procedure, and some word processing/writing skills.
Generic Job Functions:
See Generic Job Description for Clinical Support Partner.
Unique Job Functions:
* Assist radiologist with interventional procedures.
* Demonstrates proficiency in sonographic procedures.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use and location of interventional/invasive supplies.
* Set up procedure trays utilizing aseptic technique.
* Communicate pertinent clinical information and ultrasound findings to the radiologist.
* Assist in monitoring and documentation of conscious sedation and procedures.
* Maintain a working knowledge of narcotics and medications used in ultrasound.
* Transport patients as necessary utilizing all appropriate safety resources.
* Takes on-call responsibility as necessary and arrives within 30 minutes of notification.
* Provide documentation of personal credentials per department policy, and maintain education record.
* Maintain daily safety check lists on fluid warmer.
* Develop and maintain respectful relationships with all customers.
* Follows protocol for disinfecting and cleaning of equipment.
* Participates in the utilization and support of the PACS systems.
* Utilize computer systems to obtain lab values, enter exam charges, orders, access reports, etc.
* Other related duties as assigned
Last Updated March 22, 2017