Thank you for your interest in applying to the Radiation & Imaging Sciences program. We are excited at the possibility of you joining the Bellevue College Bulldog family and furthering your career as an imaging professional! Please carefully review the application below. Incomplete applications will not be considered for acceptance.
» Application Opens – April 18
» Priority Deadline – June 1
» Final Deadline – July 15
» Application Opens – November 15
» Priority Deadline – February 1
» Final Deadline – March 1
Step 1: Connect with BC in 1-2-3
If you are a first time BC student or a previous BC student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters off, you must apply to the college first.
- Apply for BC Admission Now! The link takes you the Washington State Community and Technical College Web Admissions Center. Follow the Quick Start Instructions provided on the site. Make sure to complete the application process by clicking on the Submit Button located at the bottom of the college listing of choices.
- Assess – Submit unofficial high school or college transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org OR take the math & english placement tests if you need to clear a prerequisite from a course. This is common if students need to take ENGL 201 or MATH 130 and have not completed ENGL& 101 or MATH 98 at Bellevue College. More information….
- Orient – Complete the New Student Intake form and the BC New Student Orientation online or in person.
- Submit BC Vaccination Attestation (Confirmation) and Exemption Requirements and Information. The College requires all employees and students to submit a COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation (Confirmation) Form.
Please complete Step 1 at least two weeks prior to the application deadline. Processing time for Student ID numbers is typically 1 -3 business days.
Step 2: Prepare for the Program Application
Prepare your supporting documents and materials
- Submit prior college transcripts and complete the Transfer Credit Review Form You must send your official transcripts to Student Central at Bellevue College prior to completing the form. You should do this step as early as possible. It can take several weeks to review your transcripts!
- License or Certification – Students must upload a copy of all healthcare certifications held. This includes ARRT, ARDMS, etc. This does not include CPR or first aid certifications. Students currently enrolled in an AA imaging program who are awaiting their exam can upload an unofficial copy of their transcripts. PDF Preferred. File name: StudentName_CertificationName. Students must also formally submit their License or Certification to Bellevue College through the “Credit for Health or Industry Certification” request form.
- Personal statement (no more than 500 words) discussing your work experience; your personal and professional goals; any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; and how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to the community, the healthcare industry, and to Bellevue College.
Be brief about the first two items and more expansive on the remainder, as they apply to you.
- Recommendations – Your application requires at least two recommendations from people who know your professional and/or educational work. These are completed in the Program Materials section of the Common App portal under Recommendations. Recommendations do not need to be complete prior to submitting application. Only name and contact information is needed to submit application. Follow-up with recommenders will be completed after submission.
- Application payment will be accepted at the time of completion. Please have your form of payment prior to beginning the application. The application fee for the Radiation and Imaging Sciences program is $50.
Step 3: Apply to the Program
Radiation & Imaging Sciences (RAIS) is a selective admission program of Bellevue College. HCML Program uses the Common App system to manage all program applications. Get started on your Fall 2022 application!
Applying for Additional Programs
Some students apply for more than one program within Health Sciences, Education and Wellness Institute. For instance, you might want to apply for both the Ultrasound Technology, Radiation Therapy, Radiologic Technology or Neurodiagnostic Technology programs. If you would like to do this, please note that you will need to complete an application and pay an application fee for each program.
Each program has unique requirements, procedures, and application periods/deadlines. It’s your responsibility make sure that your application is complete and submitted before each deadline.
Last Updated April 11, 2022