Valley Medical center currently has part-time and full-time positions open. Please apply to those positions that best match your scheduling needs at the Valley Medical Center Careers website.
Apply online via the company website
TITLE: Radiologic Technologist – ARRT
ROLE: See job description for Clinical Support Partner for generic job duties.
JOB OVERVIEW: Performs diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures at a technical level requiring little supervision, to include interventional, trauma, OR, and all routine diagnostic exams and procedures.
AREA OF ASSIGNMENT: Radiology
HOURS OF WORK: Variable by shift
RESPONSIBLE TO: Radiology Director or Manager
1. Registered ARRT
2. State certification
3. Two years Radiology experience preferred.
4. Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Familiarity with PACS system preferred.
1. Demonstrates effective communication skills in a diverse population
2. Ability to communicate in English
3. Demonstrates the ability to work as a member of a team
4. Demonstrates the ability to communicate and work with the physical and emotional developments of all age groups within scope of job.
5. Flexibility, adaptability and the balance to keep organized and positive in a climate of constant change.
6. Able to perform basic computer skills.
7. Professional positive attitude.
8. Ability to perform multi-tasks simultaneously.
9. Proven track record of Valley Values with respect, compassion, respect, teamwork, community centered and innovation.
10. Attendance record that sets a good example.
UNIQUE PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENT, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires working as part of a team at the direction of the Director or Manager or Lead to maintain effective operation of Radiology Services and facilitate efficient patient care. Includes handling, lifting and transferring patients and equipment, standing, walking, and effectively communicating with staff, providers and patients. Requires wearing lead aprons weighing 8 to 10 pounds. Requires transporting patients of varying size and weight via stretcher or wheelchair. Requires operation of wheeled C-arms weighing 500 pounds as well as moving portable equipment around the facility. Requires working under changing conditions, depending on the schedules. Includes the potential for exposure to body fluids, radiation, and other conditions common to a hospital environment.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: The following criteria reflect fundamental job duties and essential functions of this position but are not an exhaustive list. For example, area of assignment, specialization, consequences of not performing a task, may affect the identification of, and emphasis on, a particular task as a fundamental job duty and/or essential function.
A. Generic Job Functions:
See Generic Job Description for Clinical Support Partner.
B. Unique Job Functions:
* Consistently produce quality images in a variety of settings, i.e. interventional, trauma, OR, portables, C-arm, diagnostic exams.
* Assists in monitoring and documentation of conscious sedation and procedures.
* Assists physicians during procedures to include setting up sterile trays, providing patient support, fluoroscopy.
* Start peripheral IVs for intravenous contrast or medication under the supervision of a physician and upon completion of approved IV certification. Responsible for annual review for IV certification.
* Develop/maintain respectful relationships with all customers, both internal and external.
* Follows radiation protection standards and practices ALARA.
* Document equipment problems in service logs and initiates service calls to biomed.
* Provide documentation of professional credentials and maintain education records. Includes copying ARRT and State credentials, providing copy to Director for record keeping in OneStaff, and placing a copy in Education Manual.
* Transports as necessary utilizing all appropriate safety resources.
* Takes on-call responsibility as required and arrives within 30 minutes of notification.
* Participates in utilization and support of the PACS systems.
* Utilize computer systems to obtain lab values, enter charges, access reports, etc.
* Responsible for documenting pertinent clinical history and symptoms.
* Performs other related duties as assigned
Last Updated March 2, 2017