Ensuring Your College Success
The TRiO Student Support Services (TRiO) program provides individualized academic advising and transfer planning with extensive personal support to students with limited income, disabilities, or who are the first in their families to attend college. The TRiO program furthers the Bellevue College mission of educational excellence and equal access by providing the following services.
- Academic Advising
- Personal guidance and support
- Transfer planning and university visits
- Assistance with financial aid and scholarships
- Study skills development
- Laptop and calculator lending
- Private computer lab and study area
These and other interconnected services advance the following goals:
- Increase persistence and graduation rates of eligible students by advocating for and implementing proven success components
- Increase the college transition rates of students going from two-year to four-year institutions
- Foster success by encouraging and supporting targeted student populations through various program services and resources.
TRiO is funded entirely through a grant from the US Department of Education in the amount of $261,387 per year.