To qualify for the TRiO Program, a student must be:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- A full-time student at Bellevue College
- Assessed into at least English 072 or higher
- Assessed into at least Math 097 or higher
- Seeking a transfer degree
In addition, a prospective TRiO student must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelors’ degree)
- Have a limited income (according to federal guidelines).
- Have a documented disability
Application Process and Form
There are two ways to apply for the TRiO program.
- Complete an application form in-person at the TRiO office (B233). Then schedule an initial appointment to meet with the TRiO Director, who will determine eligibility.
- Download a copy of the application form (either a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format), using the links below. Please complete the printed form, schedule your initial appointment with the TRiO Director. Make sure to bring the completed form with you to your appointment.
Upon the review of your information, the director will determine if you are eligible for the program. If selected, your TRiO advisor will work with you to develop an education success plan. In addition, you will be required to participate or utilize:
- A minimum of one TRiO service each quarter (such as tutoring, advising, special workshops and credit courses, Learning Resource Center usage, etc.)
- Maintain regular contact with your TRiO advisor
All services and requirements are designed to ensure your success at BC and beyond.
Last Updated July 17, 2017