Begin a meaningful career guiding the education and development of young children. Early Childhood education focuses on positive learning and developmental experiences for infants, toddlers, preschool and primary age children. Students are involved in observation, participation and practical experience in a variety of classroom settings. A broad, liberal arts curriculum with emphasis on human relations is also an integral part of the program.
The Elementary Education DTA is designed for future elementary teachers. It provides a broad foundation in liberal arts and includes beginning course work in education, with hands-on work in elementary school classrooms.
- Flexible class schedules for part-time and full-time students
- Classes offered during the day, evening, and online
- For new and returning college students (new career or change of career)
- Transfer previous credits to Bellevue College to complete your degree
- Current work with young children can apply to your courses at Bellevue College
- Practical experience in early education classrooms teaching young children
- Financial aid available through the Bellevue College enrollment services
Free Tuition and Text Books for students currently teaching in an Early Achievers Center.
For more information contact: Sharon Romppanen
New Certificates and AA Degree meet the requirements of the Washington Early Achievers program