Welcome to Workforce Education
You may be eligible for tuition funding and education & career planning!
Why Workforce Education (WE)?
Our programs help people get the skills they need through Bellevue College’s professional-technical programs to enter or re-enter the workforce.
- WE offers high-touch advising and college navigation.
- WE programs provide “jump start” funding and assistance with applying for additional financial aid.
- WE advisors coordinate with DSHS and Employment Security to support students with keeping their benefits while in training.
- BFET (Basic Food Employment & Training) – for people receiving federal food assistance from DSHS
- Opportunity Grant – for people with limited income and limited college credits
- Worker Retraining – for people who are on unemployment insurance (UI) or exhausted UI; veterans discharged in the past 48 months; active duty military with separation orders; or displaced homemakers due to divorce or death of a spouse in the past 48 months
- WorkFirst – for parents who are receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Benefits Hub. United Way’s Benefits Hub Coaches can provide information on:
- savings and spending plans
- financial aid and scholarship options
- tax preparation basics and tax rights
- emergency housing information
- helping pay for groceries, bus fare, and utility bills
- building and understanding credit
- Hopelink services:
- Food assistance – Bags of nonperishable food are available in our front lobby (B131).
- Free Personal Finance Workshops and 1:1 Financial Coaching (call 425-564-4054 for schedule).
- Energy assistance – Hopelink staff visit B131 once a month to help qualifying individuals apply for energy assistance programs, LIHEAP and PSE HELP; more information about the programs and eligibility can be found on Hopelink’s website.
- English and Math tutoring in B255, offered in partnership with the Academic Success Center (call 425-564-4054 for schedule)
- Workforce Education Homework Lab in B250, offering computers for student use and a quiet study environment
Interested in Workforce Education funding and services?