All BC Foundation scholarships are to be used at Bellevue College only and can be applied to tuition, fees and, in some cases, books. Applications for scholarships are only available February through early May. Scholarships provide funding for the upcoming academic year – Fall, Winter and Spring quarters.
The 2016-2017 BC Foundation Scholarship Application is now closed.
Please check back in February 2017 for next year’s application.
2016-2017 Scholarship Recipients
If you have been newly selected to receive a BC Foundation scholarship, you will need to complete the following items by no later than Friday, September 23, 2016 and return them to the Foundation office:
- 2016-2017 Scholarship Agreement Form which must be completed by the end of the first week of fall quarter to ensure you receive your award. You can also complete an electronic version here:
- Donor Thank You Note that we will send to the donor(s) who made your scholarship possible. Your note must include the following:
- A current picture – choose a photo that shows:
- Choose a photo that shows your full face
- Please avoid hats, sunglasses, etc.
- Choose a photo of just you (no group photos)
- Landscape photos will work best
- Year in college
- Degree, certificate, program, etc. and your area of study (i.e. nursing, business, English)
- Dream job
- A genuine personal note to your donor expressing your thanks for their support of your educational journey. Ideas can include:
- How will this scholarship affect your future? How does it help you to attain your goals now?
- Activities/clubs/community service work that you are involved in.
- Something about the upcoming school year you’re excited for/looking forward to.
- A current picture – choose a photo that shows:
Both your Acceptance Form and Thank You Note must be emailed to the BC Foundation Office at email@example.com by Friday, September 23, 2016.
- Apply to become a BC Student. You may do so online or in person to become a Bellevue College student. Once completed, you will receive a welcome email which includes your student ID. Your student ID is needed for the online scholarship application system.
NOTE: Current high school seniors and prospective BC Students interested in applying for the scholarship can still submit the application without a BC issued student ID. Students will ONLY be awarded a BC Foundation scholarship upon attending BC and scholarships are non-transferable.
- Current BC students can sign up on “MyBC” to get email notices. The opening of scholarships will be announced using the student email alert system. MyBC is accessible at: http://mybcc.net/.
- Complete Financial Aid Applications. Many of the BC Foundation scholarships are intended for students who have financial need. To be considered eligible for those particular scholarships you will need to complete the BC Financial Aid process which includes completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a BC Financial Aid Application. Some students may be able to submit a Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) instead of a FAFSA. Learn more at http://fa.bellevuecollege.edu/.
- Read the BC Guide to Scholarships 2016-2017 Read the entire Guidebook which includes information on available scholarships, details on how Foundation scholarships work, how to apply online, and tips for preparing your application
To be considered for a BC Foundation Scholarship, students must:
- Plan to attend, or currently be attending Bellevue College.
- Maintain a minimum 2.00 or above cumulative high school GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a high school senior.
- Maintain a minimum 2.00 or above cumulative college GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a college student.
- Some Foundation scholarships require a student to be enrolled full time, but others do not. Full time enrollment is considered 12 or more credits per quarter.
In addition to submitting the online application, you must also mail or deliver your transcript and recommendation materials to the BC Foundation. They must be delivered or postmarked by the deadline for your application to be considered.
- Transcript: High school and current Bellevue College students must submit a transcript. Transcripts must show grades through fall of 2015 and list your cumulative GPA.
- Recommender Form: Please provide this 2016-2017 Recommender Form to your recommender to complete and submit with your letter of recommendation. BOTH the form and the letter must be submitted for your application to be considered.
- Letter of Recommendation: In addition to the 2016-2017 Recommender Form, your recommender must also provide a letter of recommendation. Instructions for the letter of recommendation can be found on the Recommender form.
To be considered for the BC Foundation Scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic year, you must complete all steps listed on the application check list. Click here for a printable version of this checklist.
- Submit the BC Foundation Scholarship Application by Monday, May 2, 2016 at 4 p.m., PST. Be sure to leave yourself enough time to complete the short answer questions.
- Submit your transcript. Applicants must submit an unofficial transcript. Transcripts must be postmarked by the application deadline. Make sure you request a transcript in advance so that it can be hand delivered or postmarked by the deadline.
Enrolled in high school – If you have not yet graduated from high school, you must submit anofficial high school transcript, showing all of your classes through fall quarter/semester 2015 and it must include your cumulative GPA.
Running Start student not graduated from high school yet – If you are a Running Start student, you will need to submit an official transcript from your high school (not college). Check with your high school to ensure that your Running Start credits for fall quarter are included.
Enrolled in college/university – You may submit an unofficial transcript from the college/university where you are currently enrolled, showing all of your classes through fall quarter/semester 2015. It must include your cumulative GPA.
Graduated from high school, but have not yet enrolled in college – You must submit an official high school transcript.
Graduated from high school, attended college, but not enrolled fall quarter/semester 2015 – You must submit an unofficial transcript from the college/university where you earned the most credit and it must include your cumulative GPA.
Received your GED – You must submit a copy of your official GED score.
- Submit Recommender form and letter of recommendation. Please provide this Recommender form to your recommender to complete and submit with your letter of recommendation. BOTH the form and the letter must be submitted for your application to be considered.
- You must complete ALL the short answer questions.
A sample application is available for you to preview the questions, and help you gather the information you will need to complete the online application.
- Monday, February 1, 2016 – Online application opens. Check out the BCF Scholarship Checklist to ensure you complete all steps of the application process.
- Monday, May 2, 2016 at 4 P.M., PST – Online application must be submitted.
- Monday, May 2, 2016 –
Your high school/college transcript must be delivered or postmarked to the BC Foundation.
Your Recommender Form AND Recommendation Letter must be delivered or postmarked to the BC Foundation.
- June 2016 – Applicants will begin to be notified of selection decisions by the email address provided on the application.
- Late June 2016 – Selected applicants must have applied for admissions to BC and submit the Scholarship Acceptance Form.
Optional/ Additional Documents
Some scholarships require that you submit additional documentation. If this documentation is required, the Foundation will request as needed.
- Supplemental Essay
- Specific Letters of recommendation
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED.
- YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED IF YOUR APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SCHOLARSHIPS.
All application materials must be sent to the Bellevue College Foundation at:
Bellevue College Foundation
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, A101
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
2015-16 Scholarship Recipients
This year, the Bellevue College Foundation awarded over 100 scholarships totaling over $200,000. In addition to scholarships awarded directly by the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee, the BC Foundation funds other scholarships which are awarded in conjunction with various BC departments.
Last Updated June 30, 2016