Worker Retraining

Worker Retraining is a state-funded program designed to help eligible individuals update their job skills and return to employment.

What services does Worker Retraining provide?
opportunity guy picture

  • Potential funding for tuition and course-related fees
  • Assistance with Employment Security and gaining permission to attend school while collecting unemployment benefits – more details on this page
  • Educational advising and planning
  • Assistance in locating additional funding for training
  • Priority registration
  • Liaison to Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), WIOA, and other agencies
    • TAA and WIOA students: if you need information for your Training Research packet, please contact Worker Retraining advisor Joy Prosise at for assistance.

How do I get more information?

Attend a Workforce Education Information Session. Register for a Zoom info session, held Tuesdays at 2:30pm, or download and review the info session PowerPoint.

Last Updated March 16, 2021