Changes due to the physical library closure:
- We are now offering Curbside Pickup for some materials. Learn more on our LibGuide.
- Staff are working remotely and available to answer emails on weekdays at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library materials can be returned to the metal book drop outside of the library entrance, D126. You can also mail items back to: BC Library Circulation, 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, WA 98007. Please do not return equipment to the book drop.
Use your employee or student ID number to check out materials. A total of 20 items may be checked out at any time.
|Books and Plays||21 days (renew for 21 additional days)|
|Magazines and Journals||7 days (renew for 7 additional days)|
|CDs/DVDs*||3 days (renew for 3 additional days)|
|Reserve Materials||Varies by item (no renewals)||Hourly loans: $0.20 per hour
Daily loans: $1.00 per day
|Calculators||3 hours (no renewal)||$0.20 per hour|
|Laptops, Headphones, Cell Phone Chargers||4 hours (no renewal)||$1.00 per hour|
|E-Readers (Nook, Kindle)||21 days (renew for 21 additional days)|
|Digital Media Arts Equipment||2 days (no renewals)||$2.00 per day|
|Newspapers and Reference Books||Do not circulate||-|
*Employees can check out CDs/DVDs for 7 days and renew for an additional 7 days
Manage My Account (Renew/Place Holds)
Not sure what items you have checked out and when items are due? You can do this by logging into your library account. Here’s how:
- Visit the Library Account Login Page or click on “My BC Library Account” on the homepage.
- Log in with your BC/Canvas username and password
- From here, you can:
- Renew items
- See which items you have checked out
- See what fines you have (Note: there is no way to pay fines online)
Note: Requests/Holds are not available while the library is closed.
Due to budget cuts, we are currently unable to offer Interlibrary Loan. If you have any questions, please contact a reference librarian. We will not be loaning materials to other libraries at this time.
While we are closed, the library laptops are not available. However, the campus is working with groups, internally and externally, for access to computers. Students who wish to check out a laptop should reach out the Associate VP of Student Affairs.
While the library is closed, the e-readers are unavailable. When the library reopens, You will be able to check out Nooks and Kindles. The e-readers come loaded with selected titles, such as BC Reads! titles and some popular fiction.
Microsoft Imagine Software
For students enrolled in specific IT courses, software is available for download at BC’s Microsoft Academic Software Center.
Last Updated October 14, 2020