Using the Physical Library
The library is open to students, faculty, and staff of Bellevue College, UWB @ BC Students, and EWU @ BC students. It is also open to the public. There are PC and Mac Computers with printing capabilities. Our Wi-Fi network also allows for printing from personal devices. We have designated areas within the library for collaborative work, quiet work, and silent work. There are also private study rooms available by reservation.
In partnership with the Math Department, the library is offering graphing calculators for students to check out for the quarter. The calculators are first come, first served. Interested students should contact the library by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an online substitute, the Math Lab recommends:
Please be aware that online calculators may not be available during online tests if a “locked browser” is being used. The library also has some calculators that check out for three hours, for in-person classes.
The Tech Hub offers two types of laptops for students to check out:
- Four Hour Loan: Available anytime at Tech Hub Desk
- Quarterly Loan: Available by application. Program Details
The Library has a limited number of Hotspots available for checkout on a first come, first served basis. Hotspots can be checked out for the quarter with the option to renew. Please email Circulation at email@example.com for availability.
Our Tech Hub student workers can answer technology questions and assist students with:
- Checking out equipment: laptops (four hour loans), cellphone chargers and voice recorders
- Logging onto Canvas and Canvas navigation
- Using the copiers and printers, including wireless printing
- Finding places on campus and in the library
- Trouble-shooting basic computer problems
Research Questions will be referred to the librarian on duty.
Please be thoughtful of others when using your cellphone in the Library.
The Collaboratory, located on the first floor of the library, is an open space designed for flexible student learning.
There is a coin operated photocopier in the Library Media Center, room D126L. The cost is $0.10 per page for black & white copies and $0.15 for color copies.
Food and Drink
Covered drinks and “dry” snacks are allowed in the library. Please leave no trace of your food and beverages by throwing away all related trash. For more information, please see our detailed food and drink guidelines.
We don’t require a library card to check out materials. When you want to borrow an item from the library, you will use your CTC ID number as identification.
The library is a large place. View our Library and eLearning Map [PDF]
Need help finding a location on campus? Here’s a map of the BC campus
The printer is in room D126K, which is underneath the stairs. Students may print from one of the computers in the library or wirelessly from a personal device. Each quarter, enrolled students receive a $15 credit on their account to cover printing costs. Additional funds for printing may be added at the Student Business Center, in the C building.
The Reflection Room is no longer in the library. The new location is in the U Building, U211.
Library study rooms must be booked using the library’s scheduling software.
- Reserve for up to four hours per day
- Capacity varies by space
- Reserve space up to two weeks in advance
Users must check-in within 30 minutes of their reservation start time, or the reservation will be automatically cancelled. Users can check-in via QR code on the door or at the library desk.
The Library Media Center space is divided into sections depending on your study needs. Please be mindful of social distancing in all library spaces.
- The Collaborative zone is located on the first floor of the library. Non-disruptive talking is allowed.
- The Quiet zone is most of the second floor of the library. Quiet conversation is allowed.
- The Silent zone is on the south end of the second floor of the library. Silent, individual study only.
There is wireless internet available throughout the Library Media Center.
- BC network: open & unsecured, no login required
- Eduroam: Login Required: BC credentials, same as Canvas or email
Last Updated January 4, 2024