Any Time Events & Activities
These activities are available all day, every day! Participate at your own convenience. There’s also a few “any time” activities listed in our full live events schedule.
- Bellevue College Earth Day 2021 “The Future Is Now” Live Event Recordings: All recordings from the week will be posted here (TBD).
- Virtual Tour of the Bullitt Center : Check out one of the world’s most sustainable buildings, which is right downtown Seattle!
- Online Earth Market: In pre-pandemic times, we usually hold an Earth Market on campus for Earth Week. Please check out some of our local vendors and organizations we work with and consider volunteeting with them or supporting a local business!
- Couch Potato Film Festival: Watch our list of recommended sustainability films and documentaries through your BC Credentials, Netflix, or Hulu (Netflix and Hulu not provided).
- Wellness Center Outdoor Activities: BC’s Wellness Center has a lineup of great activities you can do outside this spring and summer! We recommend the 30 adventures within 30 min of Bellevue College.
- Environmental Justice and Wildlife in our Urban Ecosystems Webinar: Dr. Chris Schell (School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences at the University of Washington, Tacoma and Grit City Carnivore Project) will discuss how structural and systemic inequalities, especially economic and racial inequality, shape ecological and evolutionary outcomes of wildlife.
- Ode to Dirt by Sharon Olds. Listen to the author Sharon Olds read the poem aloud or read it yourself.
- Make Your Own Social Justice Poster: Artist activist, Favianna Rodriguez, shares 3 tips on how to create a social justice poster to take to your next protest through a guided video. Download the images to use in this activity These images are from a book co-edited by Favianna and Josh MacPhee titled, Reproduce & Revolt).
- 11 Actions for the Planet: Check out these climate actions you can take during the pandemic!
- Free Gardening Classes, the Cascade Gardener Series on April 10, 17, and 24. Register Here.
- 21 Acres Virtual Building Tour: What is a green building? Join Barry Febos, Energy Manager and Educator, on this inside look at the 21 Acres LEED-Platinum certified building.
- Rise: From One Island To Another : Two indigenous poets – one from the Marshall Islands and another from Greenland – meet at the source of our rising seas to share a moment of solidarity.
- Repair What You Wear: Clothing repair tutorials, keep your clothes out of the landfill! We’re also holding a live workshop on our live events schedule.
- How to Talk To Your Friends and Family About Climate Change: Watch the recording of this presentation and open Q&A with Carbon Conversations Toronto to learn how to have a productive and meaningful conversation about climate change with friends and family even during this time.
Check out what other schools in the Washington Higher Education Sustainability Consortium are doing for Earth Week/Earth Month!
Last Updated April 7, 2021