Student Wellness Center
Click on the quarter below to check out upcoming outdoor recreation events.
Outdoor Office Hours-Monday 1:30pm-2:30pm
We are still here to be your outdoor resource. Join us via zoom for questions and trip planning help. Maps, Forecast, Locations, Trip Reports, Gear Questions and MORE…
Mondays 1:30-2:30 PM Join Zoom Meeting
https://bellevuecollege.zoom.us/j/86273511979 (Links to an external site.)
Get Out There…Stay Safe…Mask Up
WTA- Hiking during COVID Pandemic and Trail Closureshttps://www.wta.org/go-outside/social-distancing-hiking-in-the-time-of-coronavirus
King County Backcountry Trails-King County
If you enjoy hiking through lush forests, mountain biking on great single track trails or riding your horse on a mountaintop ridge, come explore King County Parks’ 180 miles of backcountry trails! Check there Trails Out…
Need a Map- Don’t leave Home without it
- Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park is the gem of King County’s 29,000-acre park system. Just minutes from Eastside cities such as Bellevue, Newcastle and Issaquah, Cougar Mountain Park provides an excellent example of our region’s unique historical, cultural and natural heritage. Recreation Maps – King County
- Free Printable Topographical Maps for Anywhere– Start Mapping Now with caltopo.com online for free. The best kept secret about maps worldwide
Send Us Your Best Photo!
In 2010, scientists analyzed and reported a summary of over 100 studies focusing on the effects of art on physical and psychological health in The Connection between Art, Healing, and Public Health: A Review of Current Literature.
- Photography as therapy: Why taking photos can actually improve your mental health – Learn
- We want your best photos! Send your best photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use them to spread our shared passion for outdoor recreation
Gear Rentals have been suspended during the COVID Pandemic. Rentals will return when a sufficient number of students return to campus. Please drop by Wellness Center Office hours for help with trip planning and for any gear rental questions.
In an effort to support the health & wellness of our community, Bellevue College offer affordable equipment rentals to BC students, staff, and faculty. The Rental fee for outdoor travel equipment is $5 per item for a weekend, equipment must be returned by the following Friday.
Step 1: Complete the online rental request
Step 2: Print your confirmation email
Step 3: Come to the Wellness Center, located in G114
Bring your confirmation email and come by the Wellness Center to retrieve your rentals!
*Faculty and staff will need to go to student central first to make payment.
Step 4: Return rentals by the following Friday.
The following items are available:
- Sleeping pads
- Sleeping bags
- Bear canisters
Wellness Center Hours (G114)
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Last Updated January 4, 2022