Thank you for your interest in the Basic and Transitional Studies (BaTS) programs! We are excited about helping you reach your career and education goals.
Bellevue College provides English language classes to students with a college or career goal. Students learn reading, writing, speaking and listening skills to develop communication skills for education and work. Successful students will participate in online classes and complete online work every quarter: fall, winter and spring; summer classes are optional.
- Immigrants, refugees or U.S. Citizens over 18 years of age whose first language is not English.
- We do not serve tourists or people with Foreign Student Visas ( J-1, F-1, M-1, B-1 or B-2). International students should check the English Language Institute: ELI Website
View our class schedule online. You will want to change the term and the Academic Organization will be ESL.
Our ESL classes can only be accessed with a permission code. This is given to you at the time of registration. Your permission code is a one time use and it works only for the class you have been assigned.
The ESL program offers day and evening courses. All new students will attend Readiness Classes for two hours a day and two days a week. You will choose the time and we will choose the days, based on your level. View your schedule, start your class, and email your instructor on CANVAS once you are registered.
Tuition is $25 per quarter for the English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
- Please pay online with card through the self-service portal on Ctclink. Instructions are online for making a payment.
- Or you can pay by phone 425-564-2309 with a card over the phone at your convenience. We are available Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Help with payments (Tuition Waivers) is available with a: Quest card, unemployed, DSHS, SSI, WIC, HUD, Free or reduced lunch, or have a letter from a community organization. Please complete the tuition waiver form.
- Tuition waivers are required for each quarter you are enrolled.
- Tuition waivers require your ctcLink ID and should be completed in the first four weeks of the quarter.
- Tuition Waivers are processed by the enrollment office and take 1-2 weeks to process. Please visit the Student Central website to request help with your waiver status.
WORKFORCE EDUCATION: If you’re receiving Basic Food or cash assistance from DSHS, Workforce Education may be able to help pay for textbooks, childcare, and transportation – apply online to see if you qualify.
Testing – CASAS Assessment
- All English as a Second Language (ESL) students are required to complete the CASAS Assessment (test). However, due to COVID-19 protocols, no CASAS exams are happening at this time. You can apply to the program without completing a CASAS test. More details will come about the CASAS test.
Email us at email@example.com
Or call: 425-564-2109
Last Updated May 13, 2022