Frequently Asked Questions

What if I have a Associate in Arts and Science transfer degree or a degree in something else?

Your previous degree can certainly help to meet many of the general education requirements listed for admission to the Healthcare Management and Leadership program however it most likely won’t be sufficient to meet the 50 credit minimum of business, healthcare, science, or accounting-related coursework that are required for the Healthcare Management concentration or satisfy the national certification requirement for the Radiation and Imaging Management concentration. Check in with an advisor.

Can I take courses without being admitted to the program?

Yes, students who have not been formally admitted to the program may register for up to two (2) courses (on a space available basis) before they apply for admission to the BAS. To find out if you qualify to take a course and receive an entry code, contact the HCML Program Manager at

Can I complete this program online?

Yes, this program is offered entirely online.

How long will it take me to finish?

For students who have satisfied all prerequisites, the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree consists of 90 credits that can be completed in as little as eight (8) quarters of full-time attendance. Part-time options are available and can take 3 – 4 years to complete the program. Focusing on student success, part-time students are required to take at least 2 classes per quarter (minimally 10 credits) and full-time students are required to take 3 classes per quarter (minimally 15 credits).

Is there a required sequence of courses I should take?

Yes. You will be able to build on your body of knowledge if certain courses are taken before others. Your sequence of courses will vary depending on whether you attend full-time or part-time, and on your previous education. Your Program Manager will help you develop a program of study to gain the most benefit from each course.

Can I apply to the RAIM concentration before I have completed an associate’s degree in radiation therapy or imaging?

If you are nearing the end of an associate’s degree program in radiologic technology, diagnostic ultrasound, radiation therapy, or nuclear medicine, at a regionally-accredited college, and you expect to take the certification exam soon, you can apply now to continue your studies in the BAS program.  We may be able to admit you conditionally, pending the completion of your degree and earning your certification.

If you haven’t yet begun your studies for an associate’s degree in one of these radiation or imaging fields, then you are not eligible to apply to the RAIM concentration.  Admission to these associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs is independent of one another.  If you want to start an associate’s degree at Bellevue College, and then continue on through our BAS program, you will need to apply and be admitted to each program separately.

Is the program accredited?

The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), a regional institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education, has granted Bellevue College accreditation at the baccalaureate level.

I am a state employee. Can I use a state employee tuition waiver to pay for this program?

Yes. The HCML program is a state-supported program and therefore can be paid for by a Washington State employer. Please contact us for more information!

Last Updated August 24, 2023